Digital Media Strategist
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is a critical position within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition pod. S/he will be focused on paid search with the goal of efficiently acquiring consumers to Discovery’s digital products. This includes cost per install and cost per acquisition/subscription. Responsibilities will include working closely with the Acquisition Strategy team to develop and execute paid search across all search engines and platforms (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Apple Search).
1. Oversee the development and execution of paid search campaigns with a variety of goals (subscriber acquisition, driving installs, etc.).
2. Work with Acquisition Strategy team to gain an understanding of campaign specific goals, build targeting, and executional recommendations.
3. Develop and manage keyword bids on search engines.
4. Actively test and analyze keywords, positions, and copy variations.
5. Optimize campaigns with the goal of generating efficient conversion (cost per install and cost per acquisition)
6. Lead monitoring and reporting of campaign performance and proactively communicate any issues.
7. Set up conversion tracking and ensure all campaigns are properly tracking conversion.
8. Review plans and actively apply learnings to create best-in-class executions.
9. Serve as the SEM expert, platform partner, and trend-spotter.
10. Maintain and develop strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (media vendors).
* 2 years of hands-on SEM experience, media agency experience strongly preferred.
* Proven track record of successful SEM strategy and implementation (Adwords, Doubleclick Search, Apple Search, SA360)
* Experience with Direct Response campaigns is required with experience with attribution and conversion tracking.
* Experience with app campaign and Mobile Marketing Attribution (such as Kochava) preferred.
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Understanding of subscription streaming services is a plus.
* Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Media Strategy & Analytics team. Including cross-functional support to other bid-based buyers (social, programmatic, SEM).
* Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the everchanging needs of the television industry.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel.
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal media agency that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and TV Everywhere streaming services (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.), along with subscriptions to their direct-to-consumer digital products (MotorTrend, GOLFTV, Dplay).