Digital Media Strategist
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Digital Media Strategist # Paid Acq
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal media agency that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and TV Everywhere streaming services (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.), along with subscriptions to their direct-to-consumer digital products (MotorTrend, GOLFTV, Dplay).
This role is a position within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition Strategy pod. S/he will be responsible for developing media plans that are strategic and data-driven, with the goal of efficiently acquiring subscribers. This Strategist will play a key role in the launch, evolution, and success of Discovery’s new Direct to Consumer/global SVOD services.
1. Work closely with the Media Manager to oversee the development, execution, and analysis of paid acquisition campaigns that will primarily run across SEM, paid social, and programmatic.
2. Assist with the trafficking of digital assets and ad tags to ensure all campaigns launch on-time with flawless execution.
3. Ensure all campaign are set up proper attribution tracking (such as Kochava) to enable full campaign attribution.
4. Maintain key planning and benchmark documents, assist will campaign billing, and gather launch confirmation details.
5. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure paid acquisition efforts align and are lockstep with the larger promotional strategy.
6. Assist with the reporting of strategic insights that can be leveraged across the team such as best performing messaging and audiences. This includes the constant collaboration of structured A/B tests with paid media campaigns.
7. Work closely with the internal Investment/Buying team to ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly and are optimized towards the campaign goal. This includes creative asset delivery/trafficking and the implementation of the necessary campaign tracking and tagging.
8. Responsible for staying up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies – particularly across paid performance marketing vehicles.
* 2 years of paid digital media experience; media agency experience strongly preferred.
* Solid foundational understanding of media concepts, terminology, and bid-based buying models.
* Ideal to have experience with international media strategy/buying and campaign management.
* Experience working with conversion tracking and mobile marketing attribution partners (such as Kochava) and also digital reporting tools (such as Google Analytics, Adobe) is required.
* Experience and understanding of paid social, programmatic, and SEM buying platforms (demand side platforms, Google Ads/AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, etc.) is strongly preferred.
* Understanding of paid digital streaming and subscription ecosystem is a plus.
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and monitor/optimize campaigns outside normal business hours as needed.
* Polished professional with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong analytics skills are a must.
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.