Digital Media Strategist - Paid Social
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is a critical position within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition pod. S/he will be focused on paid search with the goal of efficiently acquiring consumers to Discovery’s digital products. This includes cost per install and cost per acquisition/subscription. Responsibilities will include working closely with the Acquisition Strategy team to develop and execute paid social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snap, etc.)
1. Oversee the development and execution of direct response paid social campaigns with the goal of subscriber acquisition.
2. Ensure campaign are executed flawlessly, with an eye on constant optimization.
3. Work with Acquisition Strategy team to gain an understanding of campaign specific goals, build targeting, and executional recommendations.
4. Track, measure, and analyze performance of paid social campaigns.
5. Lead monitoring and reporting of campaign performance and proactively communicate any issues.
6. Review plans and actively apply learnings to create best-in-class executions.
7. Serve as paid social expert, platform partner, and trend-spotter to bring first-to-market social and digital media opportunities that align with business objectives.
8. Maintain and develop strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (media vendors).
* Minimum 2 years of hands on in-platform Paid Social experience.
* Proven experience with Direct Response paid social campaigns with experience in attribution and conversion tracking.
* Demonstrated expertise in media strategy and execution within buying platforms (Facebook Business Manager), showing the ability to manage multiple campaigns at once.
* Experience with app campaign and Mobile Marketing Attribution (such as Kochava) preferred.
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Understanding of subscription streaming services is a plus.
* Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Media Strategy & Analytics team. Including cross-functional support to other bid-based buyers (social, programmatic, SEM).
* Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the everchanging needs of the television industry.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel.
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal media agency that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s TV networks and TV Everywhere streaming services (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.), along with subscriptions to their direct-to-consumer digital products (MotorTrend, GOLFTV, Dplay).