Digital Media Specialist - Paid Search
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Paid Search Specialist will lead the development, implementation, optimization, and ongoing management of SEM accounts for key Discovery products, maximising customer growth at cost-effective levels. Reporting to the Paid Search Manager, the successful candidate will integrate cross-functionally, regularly liaising with other teams within GSA and the wider business org.
The Global Subscriber Acquisition (GSA) department acts as an internal global marketing team that handles the media strategy, buying, execution, and reporting of all media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform consumption of Discovery networks and subscriber growth for our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) products. We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build and support products with the global leader in real-life entertainment.
• Own the strategy, execution, and ongoing management of direct response Paid Search campaigns with the goal of subscriber acquisition.
• Ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly, with a constant eye on performance.
• Track, measure, and analyze campaign success, using performance signals to inform optimization regimen.
• Liaise with the Media Strategy team to gain an understanding of campaign-specific goals, targeting, and budgets, while collaborating on best practices and strategic recommendations.
• Drive Paid Search innovation within the team – identify and/or build tools to improve automation, identify and spearhead the testing of new betas, keep abreast of market trends and developments from publishers.
• Maintain and develop strong professional relationships internally (cross departments) and externally (media vendors).
• 2 years of hands-on, in-platform experience within a Paid Search position.
• Proven success with direct response Paid Search campaigns with expertise in attribution and conversion tracking.
• Experience with app campaign and Mobile Marketing Attribution (such as Kochava) preferred.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical and comfortable dealing with data and reporting.
• Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend to the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
• Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger team, including cross-functional support to other bid-based buyers (social, programmatic, SEM).
• Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the ever-changing needs of the television and streaming industry.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive systems, specifically in Excel/Sheets.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States