Digital Marketing Manager
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
This role can be based in either Knoxville, Tennessee or New York City, New York
1. Project manage all aspects of creative and promotion development to drive awareness, streams and revenue across Discovery’s Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, DIY Network and Cooking Channel TVE products.
2. Manage assigned programs and initiatives, including the development of marketing/creative briefs, managing the execution of marketing campaigns and managing marketing/communications assets across a wide range of counterparts from departments including media strategy, creative, social media, analytics, digital programming and production.
3. Provide promotion direction, clear feedback and key deliverable information to internal creative resources.
4. Help manage email marketing /push notification programs around key priorities by working with the programming and CRM team.
5. Assist in managing engagement and retention programs through social/display re-marketing, email and in-app channels to improve churn rates.
6. Work closely with analytics team to analyze campaign ROI, insights and key performance indicators associated with campaigns managed.
7. Continuously identify and evaluate key digital marketplace and TVE/OTT trends to inform marketing strategies.
8. Help support marketing teams’ 360 promotions
* Savvy digital marketer with proven ability to gain meaningful insight from data and translate it into actionable business insights.
* The ability to derive creative approaches from the insights gained from data.
* Implement a digital marketing strategy that factors in parallel efforts to engage the audience via display, email and other points of distribution in the network.
* Think conceptually and strategically, but also be willing to roll up your sleeves and execute on a self-starting basis across the Discovery portfolio of brands: HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network and Cooking Channel.
* 4 years experience in subscriber or membership based digital businesses, audience development, direct response digital marketing or relevant consulting/advertising/promotion agency experience preferred.
* Proven project management and strategic marketing skills including budget management and media planning and promotions.
* A keen analytic leaning but also possesses a creative flare.
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment and collaborates well in a team environment.
* Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and client relation skills.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
* MBA/MA are a plus with right candidate.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
Discovery's Digital Media group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for someiconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Digital Marketing Manager, you will report directly to the Director Digital Marketing and play a key role in the evolution and success of the digital marketing TVE business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your creative and detail oriented skills you will gain an in-depth understanding of digital to help drive the success of the business.