Digital Marketing Manager - DTC
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery's Digital Media group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for thirteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, HGTV, and Food Network.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of a new Direct to Consumer/global SVOD service in the Factual entertainment space. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team to launch a new subscription-based streaming & interactive experience from the ground up.
• A proven direct response marketer with the ability to develop and execute successful acquisition strategies within a digital subscription environment
• A customer first, creative thinker who isn’t afraid of working with data to enhance campaigns and overall strategies
• Proven self-starter who can identify new opportunities or testing strategies across multiple channels
• An eagerness to learn and follow industry trends to drive innovation and key results
1. Manage the execution of all aspects of brand building and performance marketing campaigns to drive product awareness and subscriptions across multiple SVOD platforms.
2. Collaborate with internal media & strategy team to develop campaigns that leverage both the Discovery portfolio and external digital paid media to acquire new subscribers within acceptable CPA target based on customer lifetime value models.
3. Mange both internal and external creative resources to support campaign asset development
4. Oversee rigorous testing approach to continuously drive improvement
5. Assist in development of strategies to optimization conversion landing pages (funnel) working closely with product stakeholders
6. Work closely analytics team to analyze campaign ROI, insights and key performance indicators
7. Assist in the development of KPI dashboards to improve the day to day operations of the business
8. Work with BI team to identify and optimize the sources and tactics that drive highest yielding return
9. Operationalize marketing calendars to manage multi-channel campaigns
10. Continuously identify and evaluate key digital marketplace and OTT trends to inform marketing strategies.
* 3 years experience in digital marketing position
* Prior experience in audience development, direct response digital marketing, entertainment/media/television marketing, or building a digital subscriber base preferred
* Proven project management and strategic marketing skills including budget management and media planning.
* A keen analytic leaning but also possesses a creative flare.
* Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads.
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY