Digital Food Stylist
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Food Network Managing Culinary Producer, the Digital Food Stylist will support the creation of original digital videos and live cooking segments. This person will be responsible for developing video content including creating preparation lists, shopping lists, preparing food and styling food with intentions of shooting on a regular, daily basis. He/she will work closely with culinary producers and talent on set to make everything is executed in a timely and organized manner. On occasion this person may be asked to be talent. The candidate will also develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Discovery enterprise teams and the Food Network/Cooking Channel programming teams in Knoxville, TN and New York City, NY.
1. Candidate will be on set multiple times a week - production will be constant.
2. Pre-production meetings happen on a daily basis to discuss future shoots and the goal of this candidate should be to constantly work ahead with their pre-production materials working closely with the Culinary Producer on the project.
3. This candidate will assess recipes and breakdowns, creating detailed shopping lists and ensuring that all info is shared to appropriate parties involved.
4. The candidate should have some recipe editorial experience in order to track and help finalize recipes by confirming changes that occurred during taping.
5. Be able to work with talent to develop a trusted relationship to ensure the talent is comfortable with all food and equipment that is on set for each segment.
6. Supervise and train interns and freelance stylists involved in shoots.
7. Must be able to develop efficient systems for an ever changing business landscape.
8. These duties can be expanded upon at anytime.
* Long periods of standing required with potential for long days
* At least 3 years food styling experience
* Food knowledge, knife skills and cooking experience a must.
* Candidate needs to be creative and able to create ideas and topics.
* Someone who collaborates well
* Candidate should be extremely organized, can handle multi-tasking, take direction well and able to handle last minute changes.
* Applicants should have basic computer knowledge including the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Box and familiarity with various social media sites including Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest and Instagram.
* Culinary degree
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network and Travel Channel, is searching for a Special Projects Culinary Producer in New York, NY to join our Food Network/Cooking Channel digital team.