Digital Culinary Producer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network and Travel Channel, is searching for a Special Projects Culinary Producer in New York, NY to join our Food Network/Cooking Channel digital team.
Reporting to the Food Network Culinary Production Director, the Culinary Producer will support the creation of original digital videos and live cooking segments. The candidate will be responsible for research, talking points, food action scripts, budgets and execution on set with intentions of shooting on a regular, daily basis. The candidate will work closely with food stylists, talent and producers on set. You will coordinate logistics on daily live videos, series and one-off productions. On occasion, the Culinary Producer may be asked to appear on camera. The candidate will also develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Discovery enterprise teams and the Food Network/Cooking Channel programming teams in Knoxville, TN and New York City, NY.
1. Candidate will be on set multiple times a week; production will be constant.
2. Pre-production meetings happen on a daily basis to discuss future shoots and the goal of this candidate should be to constantly working ahead, working closely with producers and any other players involved.
3. Candidate will research, write culinary breakdowns, assist Food Stylists prepping and producing videos when necessary, while also being able to cook on set when needed for camera.
4. The candidate should have some recipe editorial experience in order to finalize the recipes by confirming changes that occurred during taping – this will involve getting information from producers and on-set stylists.
5. Must be able to work with Culinary Editorial team to streamline and achieve efficient recipe development and final content delivery.
6. Watch post production videos to approve and give sound notes for the post editor, if applicable.
7. Be able to work with talent to develop a trusted relationship, teach recipe writing, and show formatting, if applicable.
8. Experience in recipe development a plus!
9. Supervise and train interns and freelance stylists involved in shoots.
10. Must be able to develop efficient systems for an ever changing business landscape. This will involve coordinating people across departments.
11. These duties can be expanded upon at any time.
* Long periods of standing required with potential for long days.
* Must have at least 2 years experience producing digital short format and food television.
* Food knowledge, knife skills and cooking experience a must.
* Candidate needs to be creative and able to pitch ideas and topics for culinary videos and series.
* Candidate should be extremely organized, able to handle multi-tasking, take direction well and able to handle last minute changes.
* Applicants should have basic computer knowledge including the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Box and familiarity with various social media sites including Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest and Instagram.
* Bachelor’s degree
* Culinary degree
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY