Digital Account Executive
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Join our Sales organization – the team that creatively sells digitally lead, client focused, cross-platform solutions. As a Digital Account Executive, you will work across Discovery’s US networks including: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, Magnolia, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network. The Digital AE will play a critical role within our fast-paced advertising sales team focusing on the growth of all digital platforms including digital video/TVE, our websites, social platforms, and all data centric solutions.
At Discovery, we are passionate about our brands and platforms and are excited to share them with our clients. We operate as One Team and want someone who is curious and eager to learn; someone who will continue to question and grow within this position. The ideal candidate is future oriented and strategic about approaching their client’s business and wants to be a part of crafting the future of video and entertainment.
1. Evangelize cross portfolio and platform video selling both internally and externally with a genuine interest in driving innovation within the organization. Understand the dynamics of the evolving OTT/SVOD/AVOD space and how Discovery Go’s advertising solutions can drive business goals for advertisers
As a consultative seller, the candidate will drive TVE/video, site, social, and data centric revenue across Discovery’s portfolio.
1. Develop, own, and pro-actively manage key digital client/agency relationships.
2. Build/manage a territory pipeline, grow key accounts and share of spend, prospect new business, drive campaign success and billings.
3. Provide meaningful thought leadership with an emphasis on both actionable and future-state offerings – contributing to the digital team’s overall business growth goals
4. Possess expert knowledge of all ad products across our digital offering. Act as the voice of the client by advocating their needs with internal teams to meet market demand and evolve Discovery Digital’s offering.
5. Translate data into digestible insights and strategic plans that inform our campaign strategy and educate clients on the Discovery offering and marketplace
6. Drive the sales process from prospecting, RFP, RFI & platform proposal
7. Apply a broad range of creative problem-solving skills to business and client issues, combining strategic, technical and analytical excellence, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations/proposals
8. Manage multiple initiatives concurrently and ensure strong integration, delivery and execution across a matrixed organization
9. Interpret success stories/case studies and be able to apply them to specific advertiser/partner opportunities on the fly
10. Work effectively with team members throughout the network portfolio; leverage relationships across the company to accomplish goals
* Bachelor’s degree in Business or Communication
* Minimum of 5 – 6 years of prior digital experience primarily selling digital video with a deep understanding of the TV sales experience
* Strong negotiation skills with the ability to sell value and not just price
* Working knowledge and a deep interest for the entertainment industry, digital market trends, new media technologies, changing consumer behaviors, emerging content business models (branded entertainment, subscription, transactional and advertising-supported), and implications of distributing content across digital platforms.
* Deep relationships within the marketplace with digital agencies
* Fluent in G Suite and MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
* History of consistently exceeding revenue targets and driving growth
* Entrepreneurially focused, creative problem solver with demonstrated experience developing business strategy, tactics, and can implement recommendations
* Collaborative team player with strong stakeholder management skills, familiarity with complex, matrixed organizations
* Demonstrated self-starter with leadership and project management skills, but the self-awareness necessary to understand when/where to ask for help and guidance
* Proven ability to think creatively and strategically while navigating difficult and complex issues in a large, highly matrixed, dynamic corporate setting.
* Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills (able to create and deliver presentations to senior level executives & clients and in new business settings)
* Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a changing environment
* Ability to be resourceful to get what you need – think outside the box and find innovate ways to generate revenue and construct the deal. Be a creative problem solver for your advertiser
* Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail
* Ability to manage and own your business
new york city, new york, nyc, ny