Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
Full Time Job
We are excited to be recruiting the new opportunity of a Senior DevOps Engineer to join Dplay, a leading video on demand product in Europe and with plans for rapid International expansion.
As a DevOps Engineer in the team, you will work with a global team of Developers, Architects and Software Developers in Test to support releases, automation and the technical expansion of Dplay. Your primary focus will be on building and maintaining an infrastructure for a multi-site development team including source code repository, release tools, scripts, packaging, and deployment tools. You will own multiple process improvement initiatives to maintain code base integrity (including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes) and will develop services and tools for our development infrastructure.
• Lean advocates with a specific focus on BDD and Kanban
• Full Automation test suites favoured over manual QA – we like Software Engineers in Test
• Best in class development
• We like things to be fast and re-usable
• We have a build vs buy mentality; everything is proprietary from front to back!
• Constantly exploring new technology
• Dedicated and hardworking, with an eye on a positive work/life balance
• We work in cross-platform, mission-based squads – with knowledge sharing being a key aspect
• Totally collaborative, but not big fans of meetings
You will create best practices through architecture diagrams, documentation and presentations to help the development teams implement your vision to deliver speed, quality and value to our customers. As you build relationships with your internal stakeholders, you will understand their business, product roadmap, and challenges. You will use this information to influence tech decisions you make and their implementation in our Dplay front-end and back-end.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of application and website development and deployment, as well as automation, AWS and performance optimisation.
• Manage the existing deployment infrastructure including but not limited to Route 53, S3, Cloudfront, CloudFormation, Code Pipelines, Lambda, Databases, serverless API endpoints and proxies.
• Manage the deployment process including the automation pipelines.
• Work with the Solutions Architect to create new or expand existing backend components.
• Create best practices, knowledgebase articles, and processes to increase the effectiveness of the development process
• Design simple solutions to complex problems
Key Skills and Experience
• Proven experience within a similar DevOps position
• Proven experience in the design and implementation of distributed systems.
• Experience using modern SCM tools such as Git, Gerrit, Confluence and Jira
• Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL
• Experience in Linux development environments and AWS Infrastructure and tools.
• Experience in managing complex build systems within a Continuous Integration setup.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewall
• Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch and/or Datadog.
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.