Development & Production / Admin Assistant
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Development & Production/Admin Assistant (ID)
This role performs high level business administration duties for two senior executives and provides support for day-to-day departmental operations for their departments. Oversees and manages the offices of the SVP Production & Development to include coordination of busy calendars, travel, expenses, meetings and phones. In addition, provide administrative support as needed for the MIDAS Development & Production divisions.
• Assist with the overall development and production processes throughout the entire creative and production cycles.
• Assist development and production departments, which includes but is not limited to: Maintain submissions to HIVE, track all projects, generate agendas and follow-up notes, create project pass letters, manage production report, digitize submissions in internal “screening room”, etc.
• Answer two (2) phone lines, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority.
• Schedule, organize, and coordinate meetings; preparation, and distribution of materials, agendas, notes and handouts.
• Arrange presentations and conferences
• Arrange travel itineraries including travel, transportation and hotel arrangements, and prepare travel and expense reports.
• Provide administrative support for the MIDAS division including handling shipping requests, subscription requests, mail distribution, and other duties as assigned.
• Assist SVPs with time management/prioritization of heavy volume of meeting requests and calls.
• Develop systems to streamline and enhance divisional efficiency
• Additional duties as they arise pertaining to supporting MIDAS, i.e., organization around larger staff meetings, office moves, etc.
• Strong communication skills, diplomacy and writing skills are essential
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize
• Individual that’s personable and proactive
• Passion for the TV/entertainment industry critical
• Must be proficient in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States