Designer - Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/15/2019 12:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Graphic Design Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Designer - Marketing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Designer - Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Designer - Marketing?
Full Time Job
Does the release of the newest movie and TV key art get your heart racing? Are you a designer who relishes the idea of creating TV entertainment ads that millions of people will see? Discovery Channel, based in Los Angeles, is currently seeking a Graphic Designer to join our in-house studio marketing team reporting to the Art Director. In this role, you will seek to elevate a consistent level of design for network branding, advertising/promotion and programming support, bringing innovation, storytelling and fresh thinking.
While grounded in key art design, the designer must be able to concept ideas that can work in all aspects of print, digital, social media, and out of home applications, knowing that successful marketing is holistic and must be consistent across all media.
Work will include key art marketing/advertising campaigns and collateral pieces, direct mail, posters, digital banners, download-to-own tiles, email blasts, out-of-home advertising, exhibits, basics for broadcast design, packaging, corporate identity, logo design and title treatments as well as various other formats to support and promote Discovery and Science Channels. Our dream candidate will rock out highly evolved conceptual key art, but also doesn’t mind getting into the weeds to version a set of day-to-day web banners.
1. Designing Discovery and Science Channel promotional materials including key art, print ads, out-of-home advertising, digital web banners, mobile ads, TV promo elements and press kits
2. Collaborating side by side with the Art Director, Creative Director, Design Assistant and Producers through all phases of ideation and production
3. Participating and contributing to concept brainstorms
4. Producing fully realized, layered, composite key art comps to sell through ideas that are on strategy and on brand
5. Proactively following projects from conception to execution, delivering each step quickly and on time
6. Properly setting up clean files to be released to finishers and prepress
7. Providing design direction and support to internal and external customers
* Bachelor's degree in fine arts or graphic design (preferred) from an accredited four-year college/university or art school equivalent
* At least five years advertising/design experience in related fields of study listed above
* A well-rounded portfolio highlighting design, conceptual and typographic skills and sensibilities
* A history of composite/manipulated entertainment image-making required
* Highly skilled in Mac applications including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote.
* Knowledge and understanding of prepress and production
* You’re known as a positive team member, problem solver and a clear communicator
* You have an attentive eye for quality and detail, coupled with the ability to multi-task
* You’re skilled in adapting to changing circumstances in a busy environment
* People say you have excellent time, budget and resource management skills
* You’re fanatical about movie, TV and entertainment design
* You know how to leave ego at the door
* Working on site required
* If interested, please include a portfolio URL with your application. Your application WILL NOT be considered without sample work.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA