Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
Full Time Job
The Dplay team is excited to be recruiting for a Delivery Manager to join the team.
• Management of tasks and priorities from the Product team delivering Discovery content direct to consumers in new markets and on new platforms.
• End-to-end project delivery of the Dplay team deliverables including scoping, analysis, schedule and releases in a broadcast OTT video delivery ecosystem.
• Liaising with the Product Owners and technical teams to deliver the Front end capabilities required for the business
• Continual collaboration with stakeholders (both internal and external) to identify, manage and resolve any dependencies, risks and issues throughout the life-cycle of the project
• Facilitation of development estimation and prioritisation sessions,including the projection of team velocities based on historical data and team resourcing
• Facilitation of planning and requirements gathering sessions with the various business units, stakeholders and product teams
• Stand in for platform delivery managers where necessary
• Prior experience with Kanban or other Agile methods -
• Technically savvy – very good understanding of existing technologies, programming languages and frameworks
• Analytical skills to be able to solve problems and remove impediments
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Proficient with Agile tools like JIRA and Confluence
• Interest in video on demand
Discovery Networks is a TV house with a wide spectrum of channels, exciting programs and popular profiles. As content creators in the digital space, Discovery Digital Media continuously leverages our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
Dplay is a streaming service with both an SVOD (subscription video on demand) and AVOD (advertising video on demand) proposition. Part of Discovery Networks, Dplay gathers the best content from a local country - and the world's - largest TV channels, including Channel 5, Channel 11, TLC, Discovery Channel and Eurosport. It means world-class content, from breath taking entertainment to gripping documentaries.