Delivery Manager, Mobile
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Core to Eurosport’s strategy for engaging sports audiences is creating intuitive, innovative, and delightful digital products. This role is instrumental in delivering against our digital strategy.
As the Mobile Delivery Manager for Eurosport Digital, you will ensure the robust delivery of mobile technologies, provide unerring clarity to stakeholders and drive your team to produce the best outcomes to customers. You must have strong experience with the delivery of iOS and Android mobile applications and their respective release processes and tools (AppStore Connect and Google Play console). The publishing process on iOS is no secret for you and you know how to evaluate the quality of a release.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, with a strong ability to navigate an international business structure, facilitate multiple stakeholder groups, build robust project plans and deliver at pace. You must be action-orientated and take the lead in group settings when the focus is upon delivery.
In addition, you will have strong experience working within cross-functional Product and Engineering team. You’re able to drive teams towards the end objective, ensuring progress is made if decision-making is being delayed.
You are customer-obsessed and make business decisions that always take the customer into account.
• Plan projects by turning product roadmaps into robust release plans that track to business objectives
• Manage stakeholders and communicate project progress and releases
• Partner with Product Management to understand priorities across initiatives, manage dependencies between teams and remove obstacles
• Serve the product management team to enable them to deliver on customer and business objectives
• Coordinate with QA on testing of features and release candidates
• Orchestrate and communicate releases
• Define RACI when project business roles need clarifying
• Identify and manage risks and issues
• Align with and cross-pollinate to other Product teams and Delivery Managers
• Identify and coach the team on process improvements and efficiencies, to be as agile as possible
• Proven experience of working within a similar capacity, either in the digital space for a Technology or Media company
• Strong ability to partner with internal and/or external clients, partners and Developers
• Self-starting, enthusiastic and a “go-getter.” Thrive on building and cultivating relationships with others
• Objective and action-orientated, both personally and organisationally
• Able to translate technical terms or problems into neutral language understood by non-technical parties
• Never hesitant to roll-up your sleeves and dive-in to help troubleshoot technical issues, or perform QA and UAT
• Able to evaluate options and choose the best courses of action based on the resources and constraints at hand
• Experience with Agile and DevOps processes is essential
• Familiarity with ad-based and/or direct-to-consumer products is highly desirable
• Knowledge with video delivery, native app and IAP technologies, content management systems, database technologies (MySQL, NoSQL), and client-server application architecture a plus
• Occasional travel to Paris will be required
Over 30 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for sports. Now, Discovery has re-energised Eurosport and is investing heavily in ways that connect fans to the sports they love.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium, and innovative content on linear and digital platforms under a variety of business models. Eurosport combines expertise, passion, and exclusive sports rights to offer high-value programmes and unrivalled coverage to viewers and customers in 99 countries and in 21 languages. Having established itself as the exclusive Home of the Olympic Games in Europe through 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!