Data Product Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Media Science Product Manager will drive the development of all data assets and products for the media team. The role will scope requirements, build development cycles, test and validate data solutions, document and onboard stakeholders and gather feedback to iterate on data products and applications. Collaboration across media, product, data engineering and science teams along with outside vendors will be vital for success.
The Data Product Manager will foster an agile work environment, create scalable efficiencies in our current processes, ensure development of usable data products for end users and drive an iterative data roadmap supporting business goals. The ideal candidate would have knowledge of analytics, ad operations and data engineering, coupled with functional experience in product management. Media experience is a plus.
1. Manage Media Science product roadmap for current and future data products
a. Manage full product lifecycle from ideation through to delivery
b. Work with MSA and Data Science to inform requirements and manage the development roadmap of internal data products (e.g. bid optimization, visualization tools)
c. Manage external vendors on requirements and development of data products (e.g. Media Mix Model, TV Optimizer)
2. Interface with direct-to-consumer product teams to improve performance marketing data collection
a. Primary liaison with the product teams
b. Manage requirements for consistent data collection and measurement tracking across the global portfolio
c. Validate datasets around major product releases
3. Liaise with external measurement vendors (e.g. Kochava, Neustar)
a. Manage vendor relationships for data setup, collection and validation
b. Manage requirements and setup documentation working with the product teams
c. Buildout MTA product solution for global DTC businesses
4. Manage external Ad Operations team to evolve trafficking infrastructure to meet the new demands of the business
a. Further build data requirements for consistent naming conventions and more granular cuts of data collection globally
b. Direct the implementation of floodlight tags and other measurement pixels based on Discovery specs
c. Work with Product teams and Analytics to validate measurement tracking
5. Further define the capabilities of DMP/CDP products to support MSA efforts
a. Work with the internal business owners of DMP/CDP to further drive MSA requirements for data collection/targeting and create documentation for the team
b. Productize 1st party segmentation defining the opportunity with analytics raw data feeds
c. Focus roadmap on supporting longer-term building blocks for global frequency capping and LTV for paid acquisition, whether Adobe or other platforms (e.g. CDP)
* 3 years product management experience
* Familiarity with agile development and concepts
* Demonstrated ability to work with engineering and analytics teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
* Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) including ability to translate between business and technical domains and interface with stakeholders
* Ability to collaborate and work cross functionally
* Strong persuasion, prioritization and problem solving skills
* Highly organized, and able to balance multiple projects at once
* Proficiency working with data; high degree of proficiency with Excel and Tableau or other BI tools. Experience with Adobe Analytics, SQL and Redshift is a plus
* Experience in identifying how to leverage data science and analytics to accelerate product features and capabilities
* Experience building data products and creating data visualizations
* Experience with product discovery and design thinking
* An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to develop a product vision and strategy
* Experience in the ad/martech or media industries a plus
* Education in Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science is preferred.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York, New York City, NYC, NY
The Media Strategy & Analytics team (MSA) acts as an internal media team that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles with the goal of driving viewership across TV, digital and direct-to-consumer products for all of Discovery, Inc’s 16 networks (Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, etc.) and direct-to-consumer products (MotorTrend, GOLFTV, Dplay, etc.).
Media Science is a growing discipline in the media team. The business encompasses both paid media for TV and direct-to-consumer business and owned assets, which have seen exponential growth in data collection and management. Join a data-driven team that is building out a Media Science discipline incorporating big data sets, automation and visualizations to drive media efficiencies and effectiveness.