Customer Service Manager
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
We are excited to be recruiting the new role of Customer Service Manager. This is a newly established role supporting the Director of Customer Experience across new and existing digital platforms such as our fast growing Eurosport Player and a brand-new OTT Platform launching in January 2019 – Golf TV.
The Customer Service Manager will be an integral role within the customer experience team across Europe with a focus on our Japanese market. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the digital transformation taking place at Discovery and help shape the team and strategy moving forward.
• Interface with all business teams to ensure that service levels are achieved and maintained
• Actively seeks solutions and provides trends & feedback to the Customer Experience Director and senior management team to drive technology and operational improvements; interface effectively with internal development teams and service owners
• Demonstrates timely, accurate and professional customer service. Maintains a positive and professional demeanour and portrays the company in a positive light
• Functions as an authority for operational policies, procedures, and services
• Functions as an authority and escalation point for the Customer Service agency
• Contributes to strengthen the relationship with the agency by proactively aiding teammates with difficult customer contacts. Demonstrates effective communication and cooperation with agency and co-workers to manage team workload and morale
• Serves as a role model by displaying good judgment, positive work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, adherence to policies and demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service
• Analyses volume of telephone calls and email messages for team and directs workflow accordingly
• Maintains quality and volume using metrics to ensure that individuals and team are at or above standard for skill group
• All other duties and special projects as assigned
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Customer Service with proven managerial experience.
• Previous experience with call centres.
• Experience in International and digital environments.
• Strong knowledge of Japanese culture and market.
• Japanese language skills desirable but not essential.
• Fluent in English – any additional language is a bonus.
• Strong communication skills both written and oral.
• Ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people is a must.
• Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
• Confident with Excel and Power Point.
• Knowledgeable on CRM systems – Zendesk ideally.
• Knowledge of all MS Office tools.
• Track record of efficient budget management.
• Excited and motivated by change, multi-tasking and fast pace environment.
• Available for regular travelling.
• Experience analysing and reporting data.
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional environment