Customer Experience Specialist - Resource and Workforce Planning
Discovery CommunicationsOslo, GB
Full Time Job
Customer Experience Specialist - Resource and Workforce Planning (12 Months FTC)
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
Dplay is a streaming service with both an SVOD (subscription video on demand) and AVOD (advertising video on demand) proposition. Part of Discovery Networks, DPlay gathers the best content from a local country - and the world's - largest TV channels, including Channel 5, Channel 11, TLC, Discovery Channel and Eurosport. It means world-class content, from breathtaking entertainment to gripping documentaries.
We are looking for a Customer Experience Specialist to join our growing team. As the Customer Experience Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the customer service function for Dplay in the EMEA markets – currently The United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. You will also ensure that both the in-house and outsourced aspects of the CX team deliver the highest quality of service while delivering against the agreed KPIs. The customer service teams are both dplay’s and Discovery’s customer-facing voice. Therefore, the successful candidate will need to ensure that their team’s responses are professional, friendly and aligns with the brand’s tone of voice and company core-values.
As a Dplay team member, you will be part of shaping how millions of users across the globe consume Discovery’s vast catalogue of content on a daily basis.
• Ensure all product bugs and issues are escalated to the right people internally and in a timely manner
• Keep a close relationship with local stakeholders in each market
• Continuously identify whether existing internal processes and tools could be improved in order to increase day-to-day operational efficiency
• Ensure that the Dplay customer service operation is always staffed according to need.
• Maintain and manage the international multi-brand Zendesk instance.
• Assist in the configuration of workflows within Zendesk to meet business needs; both for agent handling and in reporting capabilities
• Ensure comprehensive training and on-boarding is provided to new agents
• Make sure that our agents operate within legal boundaries of GDPR regulation
• Provide leadership, training and coaching to the CX agents
• Derive and document actionable insights from the reporting to continuously improve the team’s processes and KPIs
• Generate reports for delivery and presentation to other business units and local Dplay stakeholders
• Monitor and keep CS operations within agreed budgets
• Collaborate with the Nordic Customer Experience Specialists to ensure the FAQ pages are regularly reviewed and up to date with the most current information
• Maintain an internal knowledge base for agents to ensure they are always up to date on technical issues and other important aspects of the services
• A consistent focus on the strategic goals of the department–ensuring those are continually managed and communicated throughout the CX team
Key Skills and Experience
• Similar experience in a hands-on Manager, Team Leader and/or Trainer within a Customer Service function
• Be a Zendesk super-user. Experience with multi-brand Zendesk is highly desirable
• Experience on working on high-traffic platforms and websites
• While not required, experience working on a video-on-demand streaming service would be preferred
• Fast learner and identify patterns which could indicate a wider problem
• Digitally savvy. Clear understanding how to navigate, use, and where required, trouble-shoot customer-facing applications (iOS, Android, Web, TV apps, etc.)
• Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to self-organize, take ownership of a task and drive it through to completion
• Able to build strong relationships within a geographically dispersed team
• Able to plan team workloads and work towards tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and a positive approach
• Strong customer service ethos, committed to quality, with the will and enthusiasm to drive improvements
• Strong analytical skills, understanding of complex issues, the ability to quickly absorb information and creative problem-solving excellence
• Ability to identify and manage risk–escalating and helping to resolve issues as they happen