Corporate Board Of Directors Coordinator
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
Assist in the coordination of regular in-person and telephonic meetings of the Board of Directors, including event planning, travel, and creation, execution, and delivery of materials to the Board. In addition, provide high level executive administrative support to the SVP Securities Law & Corporate Secretary, and SVP and VP Employment Legal including managing executive’s calendar, travel arrangements, filing, preparing deliverables, managing sensitive communications, and liaising with top executives within and outside of the company.
1. Assist in preparation and distribution of all Board meeting deliverables including agenda, meeting documents, and meeting minutes.
2. Determine date, time, and location for Board meeting by reviewing individual member’s schedules and determine best suitable time for everyone. Handle communication of meeting logistics to all members.
3. Lead coordination of meeting logistics, including arrangements with venues, catering, and other support services, evaluation of potential vendors and sites, and regular attendance at meetings in various locations around the United States.
4. Preparing materials for distribution prior to and in meeting.
5. Type and compose memorandums, minutes, letters, and other documents and correspondence as appropriate.
6. Answer telephone, screen and route calls, respond to internal and external inquiries and provide routine information within scope of authority.
7. Provide a professional interface with the various Board members, DCL business units, department staff, external vendors, and consultants.
8. Prioritize and distribute correspondence, handle travel accommodations, coordinate and schedule all internal and external meetings.
9. Maintain and update supervisors’ daily calendar.
10. Arrange travel itineraries and prepare travel and expense reports.
11. Open, review, route, and disseminate interoffice and external mail.
12. Assist with special projects, and provide general office support such as copying, scanning, and faxing.
13. Establish and maintain records and files for executive. Review, sort, and file a variety of materials.
14. Provide data entry and clerical support.
15. Prepare presentations.
16. Perform other related duties.
* Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required.
* Minimum of five years administrative experience.
* Strong computer skills (proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to prioritize.
* High-level of interpersonal skills demonstrated in interactions with individuals at all levels
* Ability to assess priorities and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
* Must be articulate, professional, extremely detail oriented, and have strong organizational and administrative management skills.
* Candidate must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and the ability to manage projects, multiple assignments, and logistics under tight deadlines.
* The ability to work effectively and confidentially with a wide range of staff at all levels to achieve organizational objectives.
* Experience in creating and maintaining detailed filing systems.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Silver Spring, MD, Maryland, Washington DC