Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
Magnolia Network is a collaboration between Chip and Joanna Gaines and Discovery, Inc. At Magnolia Network, we believe in telling life’s stories authentically and empowering viewers to move past their comfort zones and try new things.
The Brand Creative team requires an experienced advertising and marketing creative with strong writing skills in everything from on-air promos, IPMs and interstitials to print, digital and long-form copy. The Copywriter needs to have solid conceptual abilities, be a strategic thinker and be able to write for all media including print, digital and broadcast as well as branding and miscellaneous collateral applications. This position will require versatility, flexibility and collaboration with other team members, especially art directors and producers.
• Provide creative, and effective, ideas and copy in support of Magnolia Network brand efforts. This includes, writing and/or editing series and episode descriptions, brand emails, social media copy and general brand creative campaigns.
• Collaborate with art directors and producers to concept integrated campaigns as well as stand-alone pieces of work that are strategic, innovative, on brand and net measurable results.
• Work with the Creative Operations team to understand business and marketing needs, as well as manage all copy deadlines.
• 4-6 years agency and/or creative broadcast marketing experience with solid and demonstrated experience writing for on-air, print, out of home and digital executions from concept all the way to production.
• Bachelor’s degree in language arts, journalism, marketing or equivalent.
• Above average ability to sell ideas with passion, present work in a clear and compelling manner and the capacity to process and incorporate feedback.
• The ability to handle multiple projects at once, prioritize them properly and deliver first-rate work on each one.
Work well under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States