Coordinator - Sales & Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/21/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sales Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Coordinator - Sales & Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Coordinator - Sales & Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator - Sales & Marketing?
Full Time Job
Domestic Distribution, National Accounts and Marketing is responsible for distributing and marketing Discovery’s 19 US networks, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, OWN, Investigation Discovery, Cooking Channel, Science and more with our cable, satellite, digital & telco distributors. The group also works with Canadian pay tv distributors to carry TLC and American Heroes Channel.
Support the Domestic Distribution team across national accounts, marketing, and event planning disciplines on the execution of initiatives and services that deliver value for distribution partner objectives as well as Domestic Distribution and Discovery, Inc. goals. This role will manage sales support, tactical marketing, account research, account tracking and assist in event planning where applicable across multiple teams within the Distribution department.
Support will require strong working relationship with Sales and Marketing team and include but is not limited to:
• Supporting and executing key distributor initiatives as directed
• Manage approval process for all creative tactics needed for key marketing initiatives and communicate with partners directly
• Merchandize and track all marketing activity and ROI value for promotional tactics
• Manage partner local ad sales campaigns and events
• Create, update, and present monthly programming priorities to distributors for network portfolio
• Manage partner relationships and answer general questions about networks, programming, partner marketing and local ad sales opportunities
• Provide creative assets for affiliate advertising and promotion
• Manage and track partner channel line-ups and packaging and research industry current events.
• Maintain and update client organization charts, contact mailing lists and account activity trackers
• Maintain and grow partnerships to secure earned media for network priority titles
• Event support including managing client hospitality programs (small to large scale), corporate meetings & offsites, corporate sponsorships & galas (support budget, invitations/registration process, etc.). Provide on-site event support.
• Maintain information regarding industry trends, current events, and anything else that may impact the business.
• Handle special projects/requests as needed.
• 2–4 years marketing or promotion experience required.
• Account management, marketing, advertising, or sales support with experience in the cable television industry is strongly preferred.
• Background in event management is beneficial.
• Must have proven track record of demonstrated results, impeccable attention to detail, resourcefulness and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in fast paced sales environment.
• Strong analytical skills to assess key markets/opportunities.
• Successful candidate will also demonstrate excellent problem-solving and communication skills as well as be a self-starter with ability to own and advance projects
• Strategic thinker with high capacity to innovate and demonstrated competency in creative project management.
• Self-starter and ability to own and advance projects essential.
• Must be comfortable in fast-paced environment.
• Strong computer skills including Google Suite (Google Sheets, Slides, etc.), Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel are required. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Illustrator InDesign preferred
• 4-year college degree required.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States