Coordinator Production & Development
Discovery CommunicationsWaco, TN
Full Time Job
The joint venture with Chip and Joanna will offer remarkable real-life stories with everyday heart, humor, hope, and human connection with programming genres that include fascinating families, heartwarming transformations, and life’s milestone and transformational moments.
The Coordinator of Production and Development for the Joint Venture serves as a key partner to the VP and Manager, Production & Development by providing operational and administrative support. This position will take on production responsibilities such as managing and maintaining marketing project documents, acquiring footage, creation of contracts, assisting with outside vendor invoicing, and production & post operations. The ideal candidate can be based in Knoxville, TN.
1. Manage and maintain Marketing project documents that are used to provide information for the team on a daily basis and in meetings.
2. Assist on any Network projects and maintain the Ad Sales Marketing Tracker document for budgeting purposes.
3. Implementation and maintenance of database needed for promotion from the Production Dept. and outside vendors.
4. Provide all information in company software to provide cutsheets for all On-Air Promos (OAP).
5. Create all purchase orders and contracts for projects with outside vendors
6. Assist in tracking specific production costs for budgeting
7. Assist with production shoots; gathering and disseminating any information and materials necessary for a successful shoot, including necessary releases and licenses
8. Overseeing all pop music licenses and payments
9. Assist creative team in compiling footage for special campaigns and projects, Upfronts, internal reels, and promo finals folders.
10. Assist creative teams in all aspects of pre and post-production.
11. Work closely with marketing department to fulfil all on-air and off-air promotional needs.
12. Assist and continue adding more responsibility as Production Manager increases role across departments and platforms.
13. Consistently track all edit suite and resource utilization and create reports for Finance; collaboration with Director, Production Management on these reports
* Demonstrate knowledge and experience in television/film production
* Knowledge and experience in television promotion, advertising creative or other related experience is preferred
* Strong communication, organizational and administrative skills are essential
* Candidate must have the ability to take direction from more than one individual, ability to work independently and to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
* Knowledge of normal office software such as Word, Excel, and other software essential to job function
* Knowledge of AVID and/or FCP editing systems very useful
* Must be able to work well in a team environment and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN