Coordinator - Integrated Asm Activation
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery Inc. is looking for a dynamic Marketing Coordinator to join the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team. The Integrated Ad Sales Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of cross-platform marketing programs created for National Advertisers across the Discovery portfolio including Food Network, TLC, and Cooking Channel. This role will also have an opportunity to work on key initiatives across Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network. This position reports directly to the Manager of Integrated Ad Sales Marketing.
1. Support the Integrated Ad Sales Marketing team in developing and executing marketing initiatives across Food Network, TLC and Cooking Channel.
2. Manage collection of sponsor assets and approval processes to fully implement added value such as On-Air Custom Billboards, Short Form, and Tagged Tune-Ins, as well as turnkey digital and social assets.
3. Maintain all tracking documents for sponsorships, including internal department documents as well as documents with Sales and various teams across the company
4. Assist team with responding to advertiser RFPs by proposing marketing solutions in the form of pitch decks (PowerPoint), working across departments such as Sales, Brand Creative, Legal, Talent Relations, Digital Editorial, and Programming.
5. Work with Sales on schedules for Sponsorship packages and with Commercial Operations to manage correct airing of promotions
6. Assist with budget management and invoicing
7. Provide administrative support (as needed) on special projects such as Upfront presentation/toolkit, along with providing support to the team on presentation development, Sales materials such as recaps/sizzle reels and note taking
8. Sustain in-depth knowledge of consumer and media/marketing industry trends in order to help create unique partnership offerings that differentiate Discovery from competitive Networks
9. Any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor
* At least 1 year of relevant experience (such as advertising agency, digital marketing, media sales/marketing, event marketing, client-side marketing or Sales support role).
* Must be a team player and possess a solution oriented, proactive and positive attitude.
* Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of skills, training and experience. Degree in business or marketing/communications preferred.
* Detail oriented and comfort working with numbers (i.e. marketing budgets)
* Comfortable working under tight deadlines and in a dynamic environment
* Ability to complete projects accurately and in a timely manner
* A clear understanding of the importance of client service and professionalism
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media platforms.
* Must have legal right to work in the US
new york city, new york, nyc, ny