Coordinator- Audience Development
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is on the Digital Marketing team and reports to the Director, Digital Marketing and PR. S/he will assist the marketing team with the development, planning, execution, and reporting of paid and digital marketing campaigns aimed at growing and retaining valuable audiences across key digital platforms.
1. Work closely with the Director, Digital Marketing and PR to ensure marketing priorities are at the forefront of all planning and decision-making.
2. Support a Marketing Manager, Emerging Platforms and a Digital Marketing Manager with day-to-day campaign management for websites, social media platforms, newsletters, and apps.
3. Coordinate marketing efforts with editorial, product, social, and creative departments to ensure flawless execution of marketing plans.
4. Assist marketing managers with creation of all marketing copy and creative used in cross-platform campaigns.
5. Work with digital marketing agency to maintain and improve reporting dashboards.
6. Assist with strategic insights reporting that can be leveraged across the team, such as best performing messaging, creative, and audiences.
7. Assist will campaign billing and budget management.
8. Assist with digital press needs and coordinate with PR agency on awards submissions and media interviews.
9. Responsible for staying up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies – particularly across performance marketing vehicles and direct-to-consumer marketing.
* Minimum 1 years of digital marketing experience.
* Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Understanding of paid media, social media, search, newsletter, and app marketing.
* Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Audience Development team.
* Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the everchanging needs of the television industry.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery Digital Studios supports content, product, and audience development for the lifestyle networks Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, TLC, and Investigation Discovery. The audience development team supports the site, social, and direct-to-consumer businesses for the lifestyle networks and provides digital support to other networks including Discovery, Animal Planet, OWN, Motortrend, and more.