Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Acquisitions - Dtc
As Content Acquisition Coordinator, you will be part of the team responsible for acquired programming for Discovery’s direct-to-consumer product, reporting to the Head of International and Acquired Content for DTC. The right person for this role is passionate about unscripted content, highly organized, and hungry to learn.
1. Responsible for tracking submissions from third parties: acquired series (1st run / catalog), acquired docs (in partnership with Docs team where applicable), and co-productions (in partnership with Original Series team where applicable).
2. Implement multi-network and multi-territory content evaluation processes to ensure content is reviewed, escalated, and passed on / pursued by the content acquisition team, with visibility across US and International network teams
3. Track title schedules and dates for delivery, start / refresh dates, work with Business Affairs and Legal to track key dates for options, expirations, etc
4. Conduct market and competitive research to deepen industry knowledge; track content availability on competitive services
5. Work with content operations for delivery / QC / on-site show assets, merchandising for on-channel marketing
6. Pull user behavioral data to inform content decisions
7. Supporting the DTC content team as a whole, including original programming as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
• 2 years’ work experience at an agency, management company, or streaming/ technology company preferred
• Keen attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, strong follow-through
• Demonstrated good judgement, strong critical thinking skills, and developed taste for a broad variety of unscripted content
• Self-starter, takes initiative; proven ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communications skills; must be articulate and professional in both written and verbal forms
• Comfortable in ambiguity and effective operating in a matrixed organization
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel) and Google Suite (Docs, Slides, and Sheets)
• Collaborative, curious, resourceful
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.