Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Coordinating Producer serves as a key point of contact for network production logistics.
The CP works closely with an assigned Executive Producer and serves as the logistical partner for network projects, using independent judgment to handle requests from both internal and external partners.
As the key logistical contact for a production project, the CP ensures deadlines and contract deliverable requirements are met. The CP will also take on internal production responsibilities such as providing weekly cut schedules and project updates, case overlap reports, workflow management of master updates & TE returns, and as directed by EP, provides story research, editorial feedback and acquisition/reversion management.
1. Manage jointly with network EP the project production schedule for contract compliance and overall project workflow. Includes tracking deliverables and communicating the fulfillment of production milestones, flagging production issues and/or changes to project team members.
2. Key logistical point of contact between the network and GT&O; includes management of TE fails, and coordination of legal updates and on-air emergencies. Should have a vast understanding of GT&O process and workflow.
3. Support network EP/SP/Producer and ID Programming with special assignments i.e. ID Films, production shoots, repacks, digital series and acquired *Reversion Projects:
• Reversion Project coordination includes organizing program title search, brainstorm and clearance, drafting a production schedule, script polishing with supervision of EP, VO artist selection with talent relations, collaborating with Discovery Creative on title GFX, booking and supervising edit & audio sessions, collaborating with S&P and legal department to identify unforeseen brand & legal issues.
4. Provide weekly updates for series rough & fine cuts, and update the production report with dates and pertinent production information each week.
5. Check submitted cases in “Favorite Felons” database. Provide overlap feedback to external producers as well as network EP, and Programming throughout series production. As needed, research and provide external producers with EP-approved cases from the “Story Farm” database.
6. Provide DCI-specific post production information to external partners i.e. clocks, technical guidelines, PAID numbers, credits & copyright, and DMC access. Field any and all logistical inquiries as needed.
7. Arrange meetings, conference calls, travel arrangements and handle travel and expense reports as requested.
8. Assist EP with coordination and communication with other DCI Departments, including:
• Programming/Ad Sales: Provide series & episode descriptions, episode titles, parental ratings, and delivery updates for scheduling. Facilitate title clearance process with PMD and external producers, and recommend viewer discretion advisories, as needed. Organize and maintain Favorite Felons database for accurate overlap summaries. As requested, coordinate program lifts with external producers for ad sales and Upfront presentations.
• Media Logistics/Operations: Notification of master deliveries, and data entry of episode segment times and WOOs. Manage show updates by informing EP, Programming, PMD, International, and Media Logistics of all content changes. Coordinate update edits with GT&O Project Manager. Monitor TE fails, and facilitate fixes with PMD and external producers.
• Communications: Provide treatments, episode descriptions, cuts, production delivery dates and shoot locations. Coordinate with Press regarding promotable titles, Upfront programs, and TCA to include production contacts and presentation tape production. Provide required information/materials for selected award entries as requested.
• Marketing: Provide series treatments and overall show descriptions to Strategy team for marketing brief meetings. Coordinate promo select schedule and delivery between external producers and promo producers. Notify promo producers of any schedule change or tape return. As needed, coordinate delivery of 3rd party GFX materials to external producers.
• International: Provide treatments, production schedules and relevant updates for shows with international investments, and inform appropriate individuals of changes or fixes to programs that may be of concern to international networks.
• Production Management: Provide timely updates on production schedules, milestone payment confirmation and other deliverables information.
• Digital: Facilitate web “extras” between external producers and digital team, coordinate the inclusion of web tosses into program as requested by network EP. As requested, brainstorm site/content ideas for each series with EP and digital team.
• Research: Provide EP-approved fine cuts, series & episode descriptions, and DVD copies for focus groups.
• Business Affairs / Legal: Coordination and communication with Business Affairs and Legal as needed regarding general business, clearance and contractual matters.
9. When necessary, and under supervision of EP, give editorial feedback to outside producers following evaluation of production schedules, treatments, rough cuts, fine cuts, and other materials.
10. Coordinate special projects as assigned i.e. internal/external presentation reels i.e. Quarterly Programming Presentations, Research Focus Groups, TCA, Upfront and Ad Sales conferences. Assist both internal and external partners by ordering authorized fine cut or master files, and drafting letters of intent for series in production.
* Minimum of 4 years television production experience including long-form documentary or equivalent.
* Bachelors’ degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Knowledge and experience in television production including editing and field production or proven skills.
* Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills.
* Ability to work on multiple projects in a deadline environment.
* Knowledge of normal office software.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York, New York City, NYC, NY