Content Strategy & Analysis Director
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, CA
Full Time Job
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We’re home to the world’s best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
As a Director of Content Strategy & Analysis, you will be joining the team responsible for developing and implementing content strategy across WBD’s global streaming portfolio, evaluating content performance and trends, and providing insights and recommendations to leadership to influence decision making. This role requires a high level of collaboration with partners across WBD – the right person for this role is the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in ambiguity, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges. The Director position will play a key role in supporting relationships across teams and delivering high quality work in one of the highest priority business initiatives at Warner Bros Discovery.
• Lead development of frameworks and analyses for assessing key strategic questions facing the business, including such areas as:
• Evaluating how much and what type of content to invest in
• Identifying content performance indicators and trends
• Assessing title and portfolio level performance
• Develop and implement benchmarking systems and processes to support analyses and recommendations
• Collaborate with other teams, especially Data & Analytics, Finance, Research, and Business Intelligence, to build the tools and processes necessary to drive strategy and analysis initiatives
• Support Content and other DTC teams in understanding current performance on the platform, connecting content insights to business opportunity
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity
• Provide support for senior management, including strategy reviews, board presentations, and other leadership meetings
• Lead a team of high-performing Associates / Managers
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 8-11 years of work experience, including 2-3 years in Consulting, Investment Banking, and/or Corporate Strategy and 3 years in the media and entertainment and / or direct-to-consumer space
• Excellent analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities, with a deep attention to detail
• Superior ability to synthesize the output from analyses, identify the “so-what,” develop early hypotheses, and propose the next line of inquiry
• Experience in building executive-level materials, with a keen eye for presentation design, and the ability to distill complex concepts and analyses into clear, easy-to-understand presentations
• Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Passion for entertainment, love for content and avid viewer, as well as a passion for staying on top of industry trends while figuring out what the future will look like with a relentless focus on creating and improving consumer value.
• Collaborative and diplomatic by nature, but also willing to take and defend data- and analysis-backed positions in the ongoing process and dialogue around content selection.
• The successful candidate must be motivated, disciplined, taking initiative and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Should be energetic, positive, and resilient with a demonstrated ability to influence, build relationships, and drive projects among cross-functional stakeholders in a fast-paced, constantly changing and deadline driven environment.
• Experience leading a high performing team, managing people and projects to results
• Ability to navigate within complex and / or matrixed organizations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player
• Familiarity with the Google Suite of collaboration software
• Must have the legal right to work in the US: preferred location is NYC
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $95,550 - $177,450 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros Discovery requires vaccination for employment consideration, except where prohibited by law. Discovery will consider requests for exemption from this requirement upon an offer of employment. Employees with approved exemptions due to health or religious reasons must abide by weekly rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols.
Warner Bros Discvoery is an equal opportunity employer. Warner Bros Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Transparency In Coverage
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com