Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The position is based within the Content Operations team in the Programming Department and involves the ordering and tracking of Subtitles and Audio Description files across our portfolio of Scandinavian channels. The role requires liaising with the Acquisitions, Programme Planning, Scheduling and Previewing to ensure all subtitles and Audio description files are ready for transmission in a timely and editorial accurate manner.
• Ordering subtitles and Audio Description for FTA channels ensuring that files are delivered and ready to air before TX
• Liaising with contacts in territories
• Providing subtitle provider with delivery dates, low res files and scripts
• Checking schedules for TX changes
• Re-cutting of subtitles (to and from HD/Original/OfCom versions and re-ingested videos)
• Sourcing free subtitles from external providers and making the subtitles ready for broadcast
• Ensuring that reference materials for language customization are available and sent to vendor in appropriate timelines and that critical deliverables are monitored and reported on
• Liaising with the materials team, ensuring urgent material for subtitle vendor is prioritized on ingest.
• Issue escalation in timely manner.
• Some experience of the broadcast industry desirable.
• Computer literate previous use of broadcasting system What’s On preferable.
• Excellent organisational/administrative skills.
• Attention to detail essential.
• Excellent people and interpersonal skills, good team player.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to different demands.
• Initiative and proactive.