Consumer Experience Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Consumer Experience Manager, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of the digital business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your creative and detail-oriented skills, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the digital audience, platforms and products that help drive the success of the business.
You will be responsible for optimizing the consumer advertising and authentication experience across our Discovery GO products, ensuring that our customers have a great interaction and overall experience with our brands across platforms. You will partner closely with internal teams; Ad Sales, Ad Technology, Product, Development and Digital Analytics to support Ad Sales initiatives, aligned on growth strategies to increase revenue while innovating the ad experience and improving the authentication experience to enable users to access the content they love.
1. Serve as subject matter expert in the advertising user experiences across platforms: connected TV, mobile, and web. Explore how these experiences span different user types, contexts, situations and devices.
2. Provide technical guidance on established ad delivery practices.
3. Champion the user experience, placing customers’ needs front and center while ensuring that we are maintaining and growing revenue across the Discovery GO portfolio.
4. Maintain deep understanding of existing ad products and advertising technology advancements in the market, focusing on implications to the user experience.
5. Accountable for driving key metrics including increasing the overall consumer satisfaction relative to the advertising experience. In partnership with Digital Analytics team, leverage data and customer insights to synthesize actionable next steps geared towards improving the consumer experience to ultimately drive business results
6. Partner closely with Ad Sales and Product teams to optimize the consumer experience, while ensuring the Ad Sales team is fully supported.
1. Serve as a subject matter expert on subscriber authentication process and technologies
2. Work across teams to align authentication business rules, technical requirements, implementation, analytics
3. Identify and champion strategic cross-platform integrations improving the authentication experience
4. Accountable for key authentication metrics: auth attempts, auth success rate
* 4-year degree required
* 5 years of experience in digital advertising or ad technology with focus on user experience
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Must have customer-focused mentality, constantly looking to hone executions through user feedback
* Ability to think strategically, assess opportunities, and provide creative solutions to complex problems while remaining flexible and adaptable
* Must be an innovative thinker and have excellent communication (internal/external and written/verbal) and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment and manage at all levels of a matrix organization
* Strong leader with core competencies in project management, attention to detail, managing diverse workload under tight deadlines
* High-level of initiative with the ability to self-direct workflow
* Must be willing to travel
* Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.