Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery’s Corporate Communications department is seeking a well-organized Communications Coordinator to support general news and social media activities in our New York, New York office. The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Corporate Communications team, collaborating with various company divisions, and providing client service support to internal clients and external communications efforts.
The Communications Coordinator will report to the Corporate Communications Manager and be dedicated to driving awareness and positive press exposure for corporate initiatives.
1. Support overall communications efforts for corporate initiatives and various internal departments, including but not limited to news monitoring, managing social media platforms, compiling media reports, drafting materials, and creating media lists.
2. Responsible for building a daily newsletter of company, network and industry media hits distributed to company executives.
3. Utilize provided media services to monitor corporate and industry news coverage and handle news requests from internal networks.
4. Manage social media requests including maintaining editorial calendar, creating content, capturing photos, and identifying engagement opportunities.
5. Support social media analytics, track and organize reports on engagement metrics.
6. Research, coordinate, and archive corporate communications key assets including calendars, distribution lists, executive interviews/quotes, broadcast clips, and trade press reports.
7. Draft executive personnel announcements, bios, award submissions and press releases. Editing and press pitching as needed, as well as upkeep of executive bios.
8. Maintain appropriate media lists, clips and coverage reports. Distribute news releases and maintain and update corporate website and online newsroom as directed.
9. Aid in writing pitches and talking points for interviews and story placement. Consistently explore editorial opportunities for increased media industry press coverage.
10. Assist the Corporate Communications department with other tasks related to news and social, and other unrelated tasks as assigned.
What you need to have:
* Bachelor's degree required. Minimum 1 year of experience in social media management and strategy across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
It’s a plus if you have:
* Hands-on communications and media relations experience ideal.
* Must be an independent thinker, organized, and strong team player with a can-do attitude (no job is too small or too large) who is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
* Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines within budgetary constraints and work on multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously.
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills are essential, as is an ability to think creatively and generate new ideas.
* Experience with creating effective pitches and dealing with members of the press.
* Strong attention to detail and responsiveness are critical due to the high visibility of this team’s work within the company.
* Ability to cultivate and sustain strong, professional relationships with colleagues, including at the executive level.
* PowerPoint experience preferred.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY