Collections Portfolio Supervisor
Discovery CommunicationsWarsaw, MZ
This was removed by the employer on 2/4/2021 9:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Collections Portfolio Supervisor jobs in Warsaw-MZ
Search all Collections Portfolio Supervisor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Collections Portfolio Supervisor? Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join our team in the fields of FP&A Centre of Excellence, Global Business Services, HR Services and Media Business.
Who we are?
Discovery’s Global Business Services (GBS) organization maintains operations across the globe including major hubs in Warsaw Poland, Knoxville US and New Deli India. The organization is known for its innovative thinking, best practice implementation and customer service. We seek to unlock financial value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of our team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming.
Currently we are looking for Collection Portfolio Supervisor to our team.
The Collections Portfolio Supervisor will ensure monthly collection targets are met by using a combination of coaching and mentoring team members, direct contact with accounts along with conducting investigative activities to identify and remove barriers preventing successful cash collections.
The candidate will provide meaningful insights and resolutions relative to cash collection issues and work with internal / external groups to ensure cash targets are consistently met. The candidate should understand the financial systems that support collections and contribute to the design and testing of systems and processes enhancements and performance.
The Collections Portfolio Supervisor will be instrumental in cultivating an environment that supports and reflects the Discovery brand.
• Lead a group of collection professionals to ensure work is carried out in accordance to established policies and processes.
• Create actionable reports for the Collection Manager summarizing key collection issues.
• Attend collection meetings, to provide meaningful insights to collection issues and solicit involvement and collaboration from other groups with the goal of receiving support in resolving customer collection issues. Monitor collection activities and provide corrective process actions to ensure targets for each collector are met on a monthly basis.
• Effectively prioritize work, using available collections solutions, to ensure the team is operating at consistent, maximum efficiency.
• Escalate relevant issues to the Collections Manager in a timely manner.
• Become one of the subject matter experts of the collection tool functionality. Recommend system enhancements to increase efficiency, accuracy and /or control of the collection process.
• Effectively coordinate resolution efforts with various teams throughout the organization who are involved in the sale and invoicing of customers in order to remove collection barriers.
• Ensure SOX controls are operating effectively and evidenced timely, and provide support for all audit and SOX related requests from internal and external auditor
• Support the Collections Manager with the cash forecast targets for region and ad hoc projects
• Provide feedback to Collection Manager regarding individual and total team performance with actionable solutions on areas of underperformance.
• Develop, lead and monitor coaching and mentoring activities of collection team members under the direction of the Collection Manager.
• All other functions as assigned.
• A completion of an undergraduate’s degree program in a recognized business discipline with at least 5 years of business to business collection experience within a high transactional volume environment. Working experience within a media, cable or tech organization highly preferred.
• Recent experience in leading a medium to large team of receivable professionals in a high transactional volume environment.
• Ability to identify corrective process and/or people action and implement with continued fluidity of day to day business operations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate findings and present and implement optimal solutions to cash collection issues.
• Prioritization, organization and attention to detail are a must.
• Foreign language skills highly sought.
• Ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic environment while keeping the team and assigned functions stabilized along with meeting stringent deadlines.
• Strong analytical capability with a focus on resolving complex customer concerns.
• Recent experience with common ERP systems. SAP experience is a plus.
• Ability to deliver ad hoc reporting as needed / requested.
• Seasoned ability to work with large sets of data through the proficient use of MS Excel. Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of: Pivot Tables, medium to complex formula creation, and VLook-Up functions.
• Proficient use of MS PowerPoint.
• Languages: fluent Russian and English This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.