Business Analyst, Live Operations Discovery
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
This was removed by the employer on 3/24/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Business Analyst, Live Operations Discovery jobs in London-GB
Search all Business Analyst, Live Operations Discovery postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Analyst, Live Operations Discovery? Job Summary
For 30 years Eurosport has been a household name for live sports. Now, Discovery is significantly reinvesting to re-energize Eurosport to connect fans with the sports they love anytime, anywhere, on any device through new digital launch of Discovery
As a global company Discovery produces, acquires, and delivers premium sports content and programming, across a diverse variety of media, on linear channels and digital streaming and interactive platforms to customers in 99 countries and in 21 languages. Having secured a strong and growing offering of exclusive European broadcast and streaming rights for a variety of sports and popular sporting events including the Olympic Games through 2024, there's no better time than now to join Discovery on this incredible adventure!
Business Operations Team is seeking a highly motivated professional to assist the evolution of live sports operations on the newly Discovery . Based in London and reporting into the Senior Director of Live Operations, the Business Analyst, Live Operations will support end-to-end live and VOD video delivery including EPG and metadata accuracy and integrity on Discovery . This position will work cross-functionally with the Global Technology and Operations team, the D2C Global Technology Platform team, and Discovery Product teams to support operational processes that ensure a quality experience for all video delivered to customers.
• For Discovery’s biggest live events including the Olympic Games, Grand Slam Tennis, Europa League, Swedish Allesvenskan and Cycling - work with operational teams to help define the best tools, processes, and quality assurance for video operations across Live and VOD content.
• Work with subject matter experts and facilitate workshops to understand, document and prioritise requirements.
• Lead calls to help track opportunities across cross-functional groups. Actively manage owners, risks and timelines of deliverables.
• Work with Live Operations and Customer Services to design new metrics to improve precision of EPG and VOD metadata on all platforms, improving the consistency and accuracy of elements of the customer experience, including translations, content descriptions, and thumbnail images.
• As part of the wider Live Operations team oversee the evolution of video productions and operations in ways that reduce dependency on linear channels and allow for greater customization of the digital video product experience.
• Conduct analysis to illustrate as-is operational and technical processes and identify opportunities to improve future workflows.
• Proven experience in BA practices and documentation standards.
• Ideally experience working in a Broadcast or Digital environment.
• Ability to dive deep into processes and drive results.
• Excellent written and verbal communications and the ability to synthetize clearly complex issues.
• The ability to take on any task thrown your way, and willingness to be continuously learning.
• Comfortable with collaborating across multiple business units globally.
• Passion for sports will be an advantage.