Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend, and DPlay.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms. It combines expertise, passion, and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
As the Business Analyst, you will drive initiatives which support Eurosport’s target of engaging consumers and growing markets for the video-focused products, primarily Eurosport Player, across mobile, web and smart TV. With a background in digital product delivery, you will apply analysis methodologies and domain knowledge to ensure the implementation is efficient, viable and user-focused.
Eurosport is an international business with teams across Europe, and relationships with suppliers and organisations around the world. As such, some international travel may be required for the successful applicant.
• Represent the Business stakeholders to Technology colleagues and vice versa
• Document the workflows and system interfaces upon which the digital products depend.
• Identify pain points and opportunities within existing operational processes
• Scope and design processes, leveraging existing systems and resources
• Specify product requirements, solution design options and acceptance criteria.
• Work independently across reporting lines to contribute to multiple digital product delivery projects and encourage a positive team culture.
• Enable the delivery of the product roadmap, capturing requirements, use case specifications and acceptance criteria as required to enable software development teams to succeed.
• Seek and incorporate feedback from a range of sources to ensure requirements and solution designs are accurate, clear and value-driven
• Work successfully within an ambitious milestone-driven environment and contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products.
• Make best practice use of analysis methodologies e.g. UML, BPMN, User Stories, BDD
• Other tasks as required as part of the product delivery process
• Demonstrable experience of applying methodologies to document product features depending on complex business process and data flows, ideally in a digital content management business
• Experience of working across all stages of the software development life-cycle
• Experience of working with a mixture of in-house, outsourced and offshore teams
• Competent written and oral communication. Able to present to non-digitally savvy audiences
• Exposure to Agile product development practices e.g. Scrum, Kanban
• Considered approach to decision making.
• Interest in sport and/or a good understanding of the media industries
• ISEB/BSc qualification or professional experience as a BA