Broadcast Sound Operator
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
This was removed by the employer on 3/17/2021 7:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Broadcast Sound Operator jobs in London-GB
Search all Broadcast Sound Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Broadcast Sound Operator? Position Summary
Based in our Chiswick, West London Offices, you will be responsible for the recording and mixing of the live sport events audio broadcast through the London Technology Hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operatorial 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Among others, you will be responsible for:
• The operational activation, adjustment, monitoring and recording of multiple sound sources during live events.
• Working in partnership with clients to interpret production needs and set up requirements, ensuring all comms and audio feeds are set up and configured to agreed requirements before going live.
• Working closely with both locally and international production teams, to ensure audio guidelines are followed and all stings and beds are up to date.
• Operational experience of managing multiple sound inputs from a variety of locations at one time.
• A working knowledge of both remote and studio audio broadcast set up
• Working knowledge of industry standard routing systems and editing software
• Adaptable and flexible in a challenging, demanding and fast-paced environment
Why work for us?
You will play a pivotal role, working in a fun, fast paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We value our staff and put people at the centre of everything we do. Consumers, Customers, Partners and Employees. In addition to our excellent benefits package we also have employee-centric offerings such as our on-site medical centre, back-up child & elder care sessions and enhanced family leave. We are proud to be a proactively diverse organisation with a variety of employee groups that we engage with to ensure continuous improvement of our organisation.
If you are an experienced sound professional, looking for a challenging role with real business impact, we'd love to hear from you. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.