Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
This was removed by the employer on 2/12/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Bookings Coordinator jobs in London-GB
Search all Bookings Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Bookings Coordinator? Overview
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages. Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products, streaming services, social & mobile-first content and formats.
You will become an integral part of the Bookings Department, scheduling events, feeds, technical resources, personnel and facilities.
Providing day to day bookings and administrative support as well as contributing to the management of all the resources inside the broadcast facility.
As part of the role you will work in specific areas and may have additional responsibilities such as liaising with internal departments to book the correct equipment for each live feed.
The Bookings Coordinator will work within Network Origination Services and be responsible for coordinating the resourcing and distribution of facilities for over 10,000 live events each year. The ideal candidate would be passionate about sport & live broadcast, with previous experience of working in a similarly demanding operational environment. Our work is essential in ensuring that our global 24/7 MCR, Production & TX team/s have every small element required to successfully broadcast every second of Live sporting content to all our consumers.
• You will be responsible for booking live events, feeds, facilities using ScheduALL and Xytech’s MediaPulse
• You will source Satellite details and return feeds
• Liaise with MCR and Ingest to make sure they have all the information they need
• You will coordinate resources and distribute information to ensure that our broadcast services run smoothly.
• You will follow a tight workflow and be proactive in resolving any issues and chase up any missing information
• Provide general administrative support and financial oversight as required
• Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills
• Can-do attitude
• Diplomacy and negotiation skills
• Consumer focused
• You must be able to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
• Sports knowledge or an interest in sports
• Previous production coordinator or broadcast bookings experience
• Experience in sport production
• Previous experience of live programming
• Knowledge of satellite bookings and distribution
• Production technical knowledge
• Experience of dealing with UK broadcasters and understanding of the UK TV industry
• Previous experience of ScheduALL, or a similar resource scheduling system (eg Xytech MediaPulse) is highly desirable
This is a Fixed Term Position of six months This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.