Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Billing Specialist will, under general supervision, maintains accounts receivable ledger accounts, financial statements and reports. Under general supervision, maintains accounts receivable ledger accounts, financial statements and reports.
1. Prepares and records accounts receivable transactions and ensures external and internal controls and policies are adhered to
2. Assists in producing reports and analyses of accounts that are in arrears
3. May assist in the preparation of billing inquiries
4. Employees will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What you need to have:
* Associates degree from an accredited institution
* Minimum of 2 years of related experience
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, MS Outlook.
* Experience with Hyperion, PeopleSoft and SAP strongly preferred
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to work collaboratively with team members and function as team lead as needed
* Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Billing Specialist in Knoxville, TN to join our Accounting team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.