Billing Analyst - Other Revenue
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Billing Analyst supporting Other Revenue activities in Knoxville, TN to join our Global Business Services ("GBS") team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Billing Analyst will be responsible for invoicing a portfolio of licensing agreements and also proactively monitoring the aging related to this portfolio, keeping respective business owners aware of compliance issues. The Billing Analyst reports to the Senior Manager Revenue Accounting and supports the Senior Revenue Accountant as determined necessary and appropriate.
• Invoice customers for the other revenue stream, including: merchandise, home video, program sales and other miscellaneous licensing contracts ensuring compliance with invoicing terms between Discovery and the licensing partner
• Monitor contract terms to ensure payment schedules are adhered to
• Provide reporting and perform analysis on customer aging and focus on aged items for follow up
• Contributing to processes that enable faster cash collections
• Assist the Other Revenue team with Cash Application and research
• Perform routine other revenue journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
• Assist with SEC Templates/Flux analysis
• Assist with SOX controls (as requested)
• Assist with Internal and External Audit requests
• Support Revenue Accounting by providing actionable information as it relates to new/changes in contract terms which could have a financial impact
• Provide excellent customer service to internal business partner and external customers.
• Collaborate with the team to identify process improvements and efficiencies
• Maintain strict confidentiality of the contractual arrangements between Discovery and its partners
• Perform other special projects as required
*Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or accounting
*Effective writing and verbal communication skills; required to communicate authoritatively with all levels of Discovery personnel as well as external customers
*Strong analytical and business skills including the ability to grasp the “big picture” while also maintaining a strong detail orientation
*Continuous improvement mindset
*Strong attention to detail
*Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
*Ability to prioritize
*Desire to grow skillset beyond current role
*Intermediate proficiency in Excel required
*Candidate should have a general understanding of accounting principles
*Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
*Experience in either a Compliance, Legal or Accounting department *Proven experience in contract invoicing *Proficiency of SAP *Experience in creating financial and other data models and/or building databases
• History with working with licensing agreements
• Experience in Media industry