Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Assists in the administration of various employee benefit plans including but not limited to, health, dental, and disability insurances, retirement plans, and leave of absence for Discovery, Inc, Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) and MotorTrend Group.
1. Prepares materials and presents benefit plans and plan changes for OWN and Motor Trend employees. Assists with the process for Discovery.
2. Processes leave of absence requests, counsels employees on OWN policy and provides updated reports to HR team and managers.
3. Interfaces with OWN and Motor Trend Leadership on Benefits Management
4. Serves as a consultant to OWN and Motor Trend Leadership and the HR team to provide guidance concerning benefit plans.
5. Ensures the proper administration and record-keeping activities for all OWN and Motor Trend Company-sponsored retirement and health & welfare plans. Assists with the process for Discovery.
6. In consultation with Discovery VP, Total Rewards, Benefits Management and outside benefits broker, evaluates and compares existing employee benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information.
7. Conducts OWN new employee orientations; provides technical guidance and support to all levels of staff and management.
8. Plans and executes Open Enrollment for OWN and Motor Trend benefit programs.
9. Liaises with Discovery colleagues, outside vendors, and HR team to identify and plan employee wellness events
10. Implements changes in administrative procedures for compliance with Federal regulations. Assists with Furnishing information for audits, analysis and other purposes.
11. Responsible for reviewing and reconciling monthly bills including analyzing data and determining trends for Discovery and OWN Benefit and Retirement Plans
12. Supports special OWN HR projects such as Merit and Bonus programs, etc.
13. Analysis - Provides analytical support on HR projects; uses analytical skills to identify data and system issues, recognize trends and develop quantitative conclusions; presents findings to HR team and other stakeholders in a logical manner for quality decision-making.
14. Performs other related duties as required and assigned
* 4-6 years of professional experience in functional or similar role; entertainment experience is a plus
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required
* Experience using and maintaining Workday is preferred
* CEBS, CBP, PHR or SPHR designation preferred
* Technical knowledge of health and welfare and 401(k) plan administration and systems and the ability to understand complex systems, laws and plan rules.
* Knowledge of benefit programs and how it relates to Healthcare reform, plan documents and administrative procedures to ensure compliance with Federal & Department of Labor regulations and consistent application of DCL policies.
* Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
* Strong computer skills, including database management and a high degree of proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and other graphic programs, and Internet navigation.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with peers, employees, managers, and clients, to maintain confidentiality in daily operations and to conduct daily duties in a professional manner.
* Adept at identifying, prioritizing, and managing important tasks/issues. Adept at simultaneously balancing numerous administrative tasks and projects.
* Knowledge of plan documents and administrative procedures to ensure compliance with Federal & Department of Labor regulations and consistent application of DCL policies.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Los Angeles, California, LA, CA