Av Producer, Creative Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
Magnolia Network is a collaboration between Chip and Joanna Gaines and Discovery, Inc. At Magnolia Network, we believe in telling life's stories authentically and empowering viewers to move past their comfort zones and try new things.
Responsible for conceptualizing and producing on-air and digital/social promotions for Magnolia Network, elevating the content and maximizing appeal of programming to viewers, under the direction of the Head of Brand Creative. This team member demonstrates a drive and passion for creating fresh, innovative and entertaining content that pushes creative boundaries, delivers on strategic and sales goals, and drives subscribers, ratings and brand awareness.
• Conceptualize, and produce on-air promotions, including clip-based launch spots, concept spots, episodic, stunts and marathons, sizzles and brand image spots.
• Conceptualize, write and produce sharable content for digital and social platforms, including Instagram YouTube and Facebook.
• Develop and write clear and concise concepts, copy and scripts that support each project's positioning.
• Ensure assigned projects are delivered on-time and on-budget while maintaining highest standards of quality, consistency and accuracy.
• Maintain brand ''look and feel'' across all projects and platforms.
• Set up and execute post-production schedule.
• Screen, log and compile footage for edits.
• Oversee video editing and music/audio/sound design, working with both internal and external editors.
• Direct and oversee voice over talent.
• Liaise with Promo Strategy, Production & Creative Operations team to ensure required delivery.
• Manage the completion of spots, including versioning, tagging, final delivery and supervising the layoff of masters and sub-masters.
• Ideate graphic design concepts for spots & partner with in-house design team in execution/delivery.
• Manage and oversee third-party vendors on high-profile, concept-based shoots.
• Attend shoots and work closely with team leads to ensure concepts are executed flawlessly; direct liners and/or shoots on select projects.
• Pitch fresh ideas during brainstorming sessions (i.e. shoot concepts, brand integrations, key art, digital/social, show titles etc.) and be able to sell ideas to senior team.
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline and at least 4-6 years of experience in TV or in a related field
• Ability to conceive, communicate, script and implement an idea
• Strong writing skills and skilled in creative, clear and concise storytelling
• Ability to bring fresh creative to all forms of media, such as TV, digital, social, print, emerging technologies
• Knowledge of post-production tools and processes
• Ability to manage multiple concepts and projects at once in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to pitch ideas and persuade
• Advanced oral and written communication skills
• Must have organization and time management skills
• Knowledge of digital editing & digital graphics applications & hardware (i.e. AVID, Adobe CS)
• Ability to lead and collaborate with creative teams on individual projects
• Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
• Adept at executing a vision, including addressing notes in a timely manner to meet deadlines
• Sound knowledge of the social media landscape and social media best practices
• Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States