Audience Data Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
The Audience Data Analyst will work as both a strategic business partner and technical resource for internal stakeholders, collaborating to inform key business decisions. This role will be the central point of contact for all email marketing communications across the company and will have specific focus on leading the cross-company effort to measure multi-channel marketing, partnering with the business teams to capture data at the campaign level and ensure effective reporting and analytics.
This person’s responsibilities will range from performing detailed, hands-on data exploration/analysis to communicating findings to non-technical business partners. He or she will gather, define and articulate technical requirements and then work closely with other data engineering and analytic professionals to execute those plans.
This role will also focus on connecting and analyzing large, disparate data sets from a variety of sources in order to better understand viewers, increase consumer engagement, and improve marketing.
1. Manage data collection efforts (field captures, methodologies) for DCI owned/operated sites (sweepstakes, contest) and events
2. Provide thought leadership for 1st-party data strategy
3. Integrate 1st-party data with other relevant data sources
4. Determine KPIs for email marketing (e.g. Tune-In, Digital Conversion)
5. Develop relevant dashboards to easily communicate key campaign and audience insights to clients
6. Oversee enhancements to email and multichannel marketing platform
8. Coordinate email and multichannel marketing efforts across businesses
9. Determine additional data needs (i.e. data licensing, etc.) to augment 1st-party data
10. Act as a central point of contact for key vendors/partners
* Bachelor degree
* Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience with proven business experience in reporting and analytics
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (RedShift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc.)
* Experience with SQL databases
* Familiarity with data visualization tools, like Tableau
* A talent for gathering, organizing and simplifying complex information from multiple sources and systems.
* Enthusiasm for creative and effective email marketing
* Understanding of media industry and Discovery’s business function
* Ability to compile and analyze data and produce related reports
* Must be skilled in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent project management, communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Strong executive presence and business acumen.
* Keen attention to detail, as well as ability to research questions and solve basic problems
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD
As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
The Global Data Analytics team enables Discovery Communications to turn data into action. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team supports company efforts to increase revenue, drive ratings, and enhance consumer engagement.