Associate Video Editor
Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
Magnolia Network is a collaboration between Chip and Joanna Gaines and Discovery, Inc. At Magnolia Network, we believe in telling life’s stories authentically and empowering viewers to move past their comfort zones and try new things.
The Associate Video Editor will work closely with the in-house video producers, motion graphic designers, and editor to create eye-catching, intentional short form promotional materials for Magnolia Network brand and series.
• Assist in preparing post-production footage, which includes pulling, transcoding, syncing, and logging series footage.
• Output high volume of deliverables, of varying specs and tags, for cross-channel, and on-air and digital paid media campaigns.
• Edit original, and existing, materials into promos, trailers, ads and short-form content for on-channel, digital, social, and broadcast platforms.
• Sound design, music edit, and sound mix videos to required specs.
• Apply color correction, as needed.
• Maintain strong partner relations, with a solution-oriented attitude through approvals and feedback process.
• Deliver projects on-time while maintaining the highest quality bar.
• BS/BA in related discipline and at least 3 years of experience in related fields.
• Editor in Avid and Final Cut Pro Software, Premiere CC a plus.
• Strong music editor, sound designer and mixer that understands the emotional power and structure of music.
• Motion graphics and VFX experience are a plus.
• Comfortable with most video codecs and formats.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills.
• Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to edit supervised and unsupervised in high-pressure situations.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States