Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
The Associate Producer for Magnolia, the joint venture with Chip and Joanna Gaines, will serve as key support to the on-air department by providing creative and administrative support. The AP will take on a variety of production responsibilities from providing support to on-air producers to coordinating VOD material and delivery, and more. This position works very closely with on-air producers to ensure deadlines, budgets and deliverables are met.
• Provide basic support to producers.
• Researching, footage sourcing, music searches, overseeing sound sessions, writing of promo scripts and basic edits, screening shows, loading material into Avid in preparation for edit sessions, etc.
• Production administration and support, which includes: coordinating all dubbing needs, coordinating and tracking delivery of material by in-house and freelance producers to in and out-of-house facilities.
• Coordinating comp reels for on- and off-air needs.
• Managing and creating material for ongoing off-air initiatives, such as VOD and affiliate needs.
• Providing basic production support including labels and coordinates all couriers and shipping.
• Working with supervising producer to manage production schedule.
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
• Basic familiarity with technical and organizational aspects of post-production is essential.
• Knowledge of Avid and other forms of non-linear editing systems very useful.
• Knowledge and experience in television promotion, advertising creative or other related experience is preferred.
• Strong communication, organizational and administrative skills are essential.
• Must be a proactive self-starter.
• Candidate must have the ability to take direction from more than one individual, ability to work independently and the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of Google Suite is essential.
• Must be able to work well in a team environment and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners on all aspects of creative.
• Up-to-date knowledge of industry, including competition and new trends, is significant plus.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.