Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Magnolia Branded Entertainment team is seeking an Associate Producer to assist with the production of long and short form content for Magnolia and DIY Networks. A strong television production background is required. Basic editing abilities are a plus. Candidate will also be responsible for department Appian system oversight, timeline creation, invoice entry and content trafficking.
1. Compose short form content proposals and brainstorm new taggable opportunities.
2. Manage current integrations airing on DIY Network.
3. Keep internal department workflow and tracking documents up to date.
4. Serve as the department contact for all trade out approvals.
5. Log and archive all content the department produces.
6. Edit video clips of integrated content the department produces.
7. Work closely with the network scheduling teams to track delivery, air dates and times of upcoming integrated content.
8. Gather and edit content for on-air short form content and internal presentations. 9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Advertising or related field.
• 1-3 years of hands-on television production experience.
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or similar non-linear editing software.
• Ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. G-Suite is a plus.
• Knowledge of DIY Network and lifestyle related programming is beneficial.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.