Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Join the team that is responsible for marketing Discovery, Animal Planet and Science Channel. We’re a group of highly motivated, enthusiastic marketers that are responsible for generating groundbreaking creative, challenging the status quo, and crafting new and ground-breaking marketing approaches to linear, multi-platform entertainment and advertising.
This role’s daily focus will be Branded Entertainment creative that melds network brand and sponsor message into cohesive, entertaining brand creative that serves all parties successfully: Network, Ad Sales and Sponsor. The AP will serve as a point of contact for several projects, providing both administrative and creative support. The AP also works closely with the Senior Production Manager and other internal and external partners to ensure deadlines, budgets and deliverables are met, while also having multiple creative opportunities across the department.
1. Work closely with and assist writer/producers in all facets of creative production. Research and acquire all materials necessary for projects in production.
2. Supervise edit sessions to create tagged tune ins, billboards and other turnkey projects
3. Respond to Ad Sales RFP’s with out-of-the-box thinking and breakthrough creative that fits both network and sponsor brand
4. Brainstorm in a group collaboratively, positively, openly and effectively. Engage in the creative process with external and internal partners.
5. Collaborate with the team to help write and produce internal and external projects as needed
6. Provide administrative support to department as needed. Maintain the channel’s mission, values, and brand attributes in all materials. Collaborate with programming, production, and scheduling departments
7. Maintain an understanding of budgets and strategy on every project
8. Understand, initiate, and be involved in all processes from initial idea, through production, to completion and delivery of creative.
A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Video/Film Production or related field is preferred.
* Proven co-branded 360 expertise across all platforms of media including TV, digital, social media and interstitial network branding.
* Knowledge and experience in television promotion, advertising creative or other related experience
* Proven writing and producing skills.
* Good editorial and graphic design sense
* Familiarity with Avid/Premiere editing and basic knowledge of Aftereffects, and Photoshop is a plus.
* Great project management skills with the ability to have meticulous administrative and logistical project oversight.
* Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, have the ability to work independently, possess excellent intrapersonal skills and be cool under pressure.
* Must be personable, flexible and open to constant feedback as this position requires constant team, interdepartmental, vendor and client interaction
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
new york city, new york, nyc, ny