Discovery CommunicationsWaco, TX
Full Time Job
Offering remarkably relatable real-life stories without judgment, we share everyday heart, humor, hope, and human connection with programming genres that include fascinating families, heartwarming transformations, and life’s milestone moments.
The Associate Producer for the Joint Venture will serve as key support to the on-air department by providing creative and administrative support. The AP will take on a variety of production responsibilities from providing support to on-air producers to coordinating VOD material and delivery, and more. Works very closely with on-air producers to ensure deadlines, budgets and deliverables are met. The ideal candidate will be located in Waco, Texas.
1. Provide basic support to producers.
2. Researching, footage sourcing, music searches, overseeing sound sessions, writing of promo scripts and basic edits, screening shows, loading material into Avid in preparation for edit sessions, etc.
3. Production administration and support, which includes: coordinating all dubbing needs, coordinating and tracking delivery of material by in-house and freelance producers to in and out-of-house facilities.
4. Coordinating comp reels for on- and off-air needs.
5. Managing and creating material for ongoing off-air initiatives, such as VOD and affiliate needs.
6. Providing basic production support including labels and coordinates all couriers and shipping.
7. Working with Supervising Producer to manage production schedule.
8. Performing other related duties as assigned.
* Basic familiarity with technical and organizational aspects of post-production is essential.
* Knowledge of Avid and other forms of non-linear editing systems very useful.
* Knowledge and experience in television promotion, advertising creative or other related experience is preferred.
* Strong communication, organizational and administrative skills are essential.
* Must be a proactive self-starter.
* Candidate must have the ability to take direction from more than one individual, ability to work independently and the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
* Knowledge of normal office software such as Lotus Notes, Word for Windows, Excel, etc. is essential.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners on all aspects of creative.
* Must have a great sense of humor, be flexible, welcome feedback, and consistently be able to keep a positive attitude.
* Up-to-date knowledge of industry, including competition and new trends, is significant plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Waco, Texas, TX