Associate Producer- Digital
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and strategic Associate Producer to focus on digital content development and production for Food Network digital platforms. A successful candidate for this role will support the production team in pitching, developing, and executing compelling programming for ongoing and upcoming initiatives with a focus on convergent content.
The Associate Producer work with Producers through all phases of production. Core responsibilities include maintaining trackers, organizing project deliverables, production calendars, tracking video assets and liaising with external production companies and internal teams as needed. In addition, they will lean in on developing video concepts and will produce some of their own content as needed.
1. Assisting Producers during production of short, mid and long format content with internal resources and external production companies.
2. Maintain trackers, organize project deliverables, production calendars and track video assets as they are submitted.
3. Participate in brainstorms and assist in creative write-ups.
4. Monitor competitive programming and marketplace trends to suggest new strategies and techniques to incorporate into programming.
5. Review and traffic video cuts to internal teams and stakeholders for notes.
6. Assist in providing creative solutions during all phases on production.
7. Generate and Distribute weekly status and general team updates.
* Must have food/culinary media experience.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in digital video programming and production.
* Ability to anticipate and accommodate needs, requests and issues coordinating with multiple internal departments.
* Strong familiarity with new and emerging video programming platforms (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, Android, Windows 8, and other OTT platforms/connected devices).
* Must be a self-starter and strong teammate who can work independently and responsibly.
* Strong spoken/written communicator with the ability to develop creative, clear, and concise storytelling for a variety of audiences.
* Must be highly organized and very comfortable operating in a startup-style environment.
* Must have excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to manage multiple assignments at once.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Bonus points for experience shooting, editing.
* Some travel may be required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY