Associate Content Producer
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery is seeking a high-performance team member needed to produce, coordinate, syndicate and track digital content for various Discovery Food digital properties, including Apple News. This position is integral to the success of Food Network’s digital strategy.
1. Prioritize, coordinate and complete all aspects of Apple News syndication and other special projects using Adobe CQ Content Management System ensuring timelines are met and data quality is achieved. This includes:
• Reviewing JSON and making updates, as needed.
• Troubleshooting formatting errors.
• Editing articles, as needed.
• Selecting the optimal day and time for content to be promoted on Apple News. This includes news articles, shopping content, seasonal and evergreen editorial content and convergent content.
• Syndicating content for Apple News, including all video and gallery content.
• Updating legacy content to align with current best practices.
2. Write weekly Apple News notifications.
3. Review Apple News analytics on a weekly basis and report findings, trends and top performing content to digital editorial and programming teams.
4. Produce the Apple News Weekend Bites newsletter each week, highlighting 5 key pieces of content.
5. Meet regularly with Knoxville Apple News counterpart to plan, strategize, identify bugs and report business critical issues to the support desk.
6. Optimize food, recipe and cooking content for use across various digital properties. This includes:
• Adding related links to blog posts.
• Writing and programming slide captions for new and existing photo galleries.
• Editing slide captions, metadata and images for existing photo galleries.
7. Build and publish new content, as needed. This includes:
• Building news articles, blog posts and how-to content.
• Building new photo galleries.
8. As time allows, identify and write about recipe and lifestyle trends, food news and pop culture.
* Knowledge of web and mobile technologies, content creation, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
* Ability to use analytic information to identify trends, draw conclusions and generate new ideas.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to coordinate and prioritize a large and diverse workload to meet deadlines. Ability to pivot when priorities and timelines change.
* Initiative to work independently and proactively, with the ability to assess and prioritize information.
* Strong writing skills, specifically to fit the voice of the overall brand/site strategy.
* Knowledge of primary research, writing, editing, and copy style.
* Ability to manage work of self and others.
* Advanced attention to detail.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
* A minimum of 3 years programming experience at a major news publication or lifestyle website.
* Strong industry experience—web, entertainment/lifestyle media, new platforms (mobile, social, etc.), product development—is required. Background in food/recipes/cooking is also key.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY