Associate Account Executive - Digital
Discovery CommunicationsDetroit, MI
Full Time Job
The Discovery Digital Ad Sales Team is looking for a self-motivated, consultative marketing professional to manage relationships with key advertising and agency partners. This team is responsible for the monetization of all owned and operated digital platforms (websites, mobile, video, Go Apps) through the development and execution of custom advertising solutions including content marketing, display and programmatic media, social (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat), and via our Group Nine partnership, etc.
The Digital Associate Account Executive is responsible for developing, executing and maintaining new and existing business for the Discovery Digital group through the sale of high touch custom marketing solutions while meeting/exceeding their sales goals
1. Generate revenue with existing/new accounts in assigned region, agency or market, ultimately meeting/exceeding sales goals.
2. Prospect new business
3. Develop, own and manage relationships with assigned agencies and clients.
4. Writes and presents proposals and digital advertising sales contracts.
5. Sells customers on the benefits and features of new applications and products.
6. Coordinates orders, traffic and documentation required for the accurate and timely insertion of online media campaigns.
7. Prepares call reports, sales forecasts and update(s) Salesforce CRM on new/existing business development in pipeline, renewals, incremental account growth, etc. Creates and maintains client and prospect databases.
8. Participates in negotiating assigned advertising sales deals with clients, agencies through both Upfront and Scatter markets.
9. Partners with linear Account Executive on 360 solutions to meet and exceed clients’ needs.
10. Grows/maintains internal and external relationships to further the digital business
11. Partner with the digital account specialist(s) who administers accounts daily activities post sale.
* Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, psychology or related industry experience preferred.
* A minimum of 2 years of professional digital ad sales experience preferably within the digital media, advertising sales/agency fields.
* Proven experience cultivating relationships, driving new business development and leveraging contacts to drive digital ad sales efforts.
* Ability to understand and interpret trends and react with strategic/tactical changes.
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable presenting to large groups
* Must be able to work collaboratively with team members
* Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups.
* Willingness to travel approximately 20-25% of time to meet within geographic region to meet with clients, agencies, attend events, etc.
Detroit, Michigan, MI, DI