Assistant Manager, Revenue Accounting
Discovery CommunicationsGurgaon, HR
Full Time Job
Assistant Manager, Revenue Accounting Direct To Consumer
As a key contributor to the Discovery Revenue Accounting team you will report into our Revenue Manager supporting the revenue accounting function in Discovery APAC.
The Revenue Accounting Team is responsible for all aspects of revenue accounting for the whole APAC including standard and non-standard deals at Discovery. The goal is to provide services revenue accounting in a effective, holistic and compliant way to meet the needs of our stakeholders including global Discovery Management and external Discovery stakeholders.
We are developing world-wide digital services and we are looking for someone who would like to be part of it, part of digital world in Discovery! Someone who will ensure together with the colleagues from Revenue Accounting Team that revenue figures give true and fair view of Discovery Group financial position in the world!
• Provide day-to-day, month and quarter end close activities (revenue assurance, account reconciliation, analysis and reporting) to ensure revenue is properly and accurately recorded for the period.
• Ensure revenue reserves are managed and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner.
• Perform digital revenue related balance sheet account reviews and reconciliations.
• Drive improvements and develop automation of daily/monthly standard tasks in revenue (accounting) processes and workflows.
• Prepare info for quarterly SEC reporting templates.
• Follow all SOX and financial compliance processes for revenue accounting.
• Liaise with internal and external auditor.
• Lead cross department meetings, prepare agendas, schedule meetings, document and track action items. Escalate issues as appropriate. Own issues and drive issue resolution.
• Documenting and continuously improving processes.
• Ad hoc travel between DNAP offices may be required.
• Chartered Accountant with minimum experience of 3 years of accounting and auditing (revenue accounting will be an advantage).
• Strong problem solving skills and analytical expertise is a must
• Seeks guidance on new or unfamiliar tasks
• Proficiency in MS Excel (revenue) and reconciliation tools.
• Very good written and spoken English is a must.
• Strong attention to details and accuracy.
• Results orientation.
• Experience with SAP.
• Ability to deal with conflicts and present “can do” attitude.
• Team player.
• Digital experience a plus.
• Must have the legal right to work.