Assistant Manager - Performance Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsMumbai, MH
Full Time Job
CONTEXT OF THE ROLE:
Discovery India, the country's largest and most successful real-life entertainment player spanning categories such as Adventure, Travel, Food, Auto, Wildlife has launched Discovery Plus, a direct to consumer mobile product that will house all the Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC content among other channels, in March 2020.
In the context of the rapidly evolving media and entertainment sector, the product plays a central role in shaping our advertising and affiliate business going forward.
The app houses new content from Discovery's latest acquisition the Scripps Network with channels such as Food Network, HGTV and Travel Channel as well as locally produced original content. The product is present across web and mobile (iOS, Android, PWA) and connected devices (Fire TV & Android TV).
The product encompasses free to watch content as well as content exclusive for paid subscribers.
We are looking for someone who can own and optimize user acquisition campaign in line with business goals. The person should have the ability to work across teams and should be a team player, who raises the bar for everyone.
• Planning and implementation of digital marketing strategies to grow subscription base for Discovery Plus through performance marketing campaigns.
• To develop, implement, and refine retention and remarketing strategy to drive incremental Subscriptions and improve DAU, WAU, MAU.
• Manage day-to-day campaign management and execution tactics based on performance to maximize return on ad spend with the help of the performance marketing agency
• Work closely with the Brand & content team to define an effective communication & creative strategy.
• Work with the creative team in conceptualizing the ideas and building creatives for performance marketing
• Create and execute plan for promotion of new/key content and product releases.
• Build A/B test framework to test creatives, ad copies, marketing approaches and business decisions.
• Measuring and reporting performance of growth marketing campaigns at a cohort level and assessing against goals
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 4-5 years' in performance marketing preferably in an app first product with performance marketing spends of over 1 Cr.
• In-depth understanding & hands-on experience in running both acquisition and remarketing campaigns across Facebook Ads, UAC, Search & Programmatic.
• Data driven approach to problem solving. Strong Excel skills. Ability to analyse & visualize huge data dumps.
• Prior experience of working with Brand and creative teams to develop communication & creative strategy.
• Well versed with Attribution and Analytics tools like Appslfyer, GA etc.
• Previous experience of building performance marketing plan to reach business goals.
• Prior experience of working on marketing and creative automation a plus
• Experience with FMP tools like Smartly is an added bonus