Assistant Manager - Growth
Discovery CommunicationsMumbai, MH
This was removed by the employer on 3/9/2021 6:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assistant Manager - Growth jobs in Mumbai-MH
Search all Assistant Manager - Growth postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Manager - Growth? Context of the role
Discovery India, the country’s largest and most successful real-life entertainment player spanning categories such as Adventure, Travel, Food, Auto, Wildlife has launched Discovery Plus, a direct to consumer mobile product that will house all the Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC content among other channels, in March 2020.
In the context of the rapidly evolving media and entertainment sector, the product plays a central role in shaping our advertising and affiliate business going forward.
The app houses new content from Discovery’s latest acquisition the Scripps Network with channels such as Food Network, HGTV and Travel Channel as well as locally produced original content. The product is present across web and mobile (iOS, Android, PWA) and connected devices (Fire TV & Android TV).
The product encompasses free to watch content as well as content exclusive for paid subscribers.
We are looking for someone who owns, and optimizes customer lifecycle, including Churn Prevention, Increase in DAUs & MAUs, increase in Time Spent and upgrades (monthly to annual). The person should have the ability to work across teams and should be a team player, who raises the bar for everyone.
• Setting up & automating key user lifecycle interactions to increase retention, engagement and conversion to paid subscribers
• Experimenting with user segments and value propositions to identify segments susceptible to churn / uninstall and target communication to them
• Perform experiments with different user segments and value propositions to get back dormant users and increase time spent of active users
• Track, measure and analyze performance & continuously optimize them
• Document the learnings and iterate for improvements
• Work with content, marketing, business and analytics teams for creating the experiments
• Work with Customer Relations team to understand customer issues and tweak communication to address them
• 4-6 years’ experience in direct to consumer products (web / app) of scale in India
• Experience in Video/OTT apps would be preferred
• Experience in running Push Notifications, Emails, SMS campaigns
• Experience in creating and setting up complex user journeys
• Experience in analyzing user behavior data and deriving actionable insights
• Experience with any of the marketing platforms: Blueshift, CleverTap, MoEngage
• Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Experience using Google Analytics/Omniture is preferred.
• Clear and contagious passion for product and consumer needs
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• High energy and positive attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ABOUT DISCOVERY INDIA:
Discovery India, the country’s leading infotainment player, is dedicated to satisfying curiosity, engaging and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its portfolio of 12 channels including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Discovery HD World, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Kids, Discovery JEET, Animal Planet HD World, TLC HD World, Discovery Tamil and a premium sports channel Eurosport. From survival to natural history, wonders of science to extreme jobs, motoring to travel and lifestyle, and the latest engineering marvels to original content productions to live sporting events, each channel offers distinct must-watch programming to engage viewers across the country.
Discovery Communications India is a division of Discovery Networks Asia Pacific (DNAP).
Discovery’s Guiding Principles are designed to define the distinctive character, spirit and attitude of our organization…and to inspire us as we design our future. We really want our leaders to model these principles, and to infuse them into everything we do. This really gets to the very core of Discovery – our spirit, our attitudes and aspirations – our ethos. These powerful words and phrases define who we are as a company and we hope our leaders practice every time they are setting goals, making decisions and model the behaviors. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.